𝟬𝟬𝟴• 𝘕𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬

──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

The first thing Sayaka felt when she woke up was pain. Her body felt like she got hit with a large boulder and then dragged along a jagged floor, ripping up her flesh.

She tried moving her head up, but the unbearable pain shot through her veins. She let out a small cry, throwing her head back down.

The door slid open, and there stood her mentor; he seemed to have rushed in. He stood next to her, turning his head down to look at the bandaged girl.

"How are you feeling?" He cleared his throat, and his hands rested at his side.

Sayaka sighed, "I feel like shit."

He smiled, letting the profanity slide this time. He placed a cup of water beside her. His smile twisted into a frown.

"I'm sorry about that,"

A lightbulb went off in his head. Standing up, he quickly ran out of the room, and in a minute he was back in with another cup.

"I have some medicine that should help with your injuries; it does taste horrible, so..." He brought the cup closer to the blonde. She stared at the medicine; she noticed a brown hue in the light cup. Sayaka looked back up at Naruhito.

"Is this even drinkable?" She lifted a finger, pointing at the unpleasant medicine.

"Of course, it is; now, do you want to feel better or not?" He sighed, pushing the cup closer to the girl, who hesitated.

Finally, she picked up the small cup, bringing it close to her lips before tilting her head back and downing the medicine.

She wanted to throw it back up as soon as it reached her taste buds. A bitter taste of the smell of skunk reached her stomach.

She dropped the cup before rushing to pick up the water, gulping it down.

"W-what was that?" She coughed out, squinting her eyes at the old man, who gave her a smirk.

"Medicine." He bluntly replied, leaning back on his hands.

Sayaka rolled her eyes, turning her head away from the man, a frown cast upon her face.

He laughed, moving his hand to his chest. "Come on, Sayaka, no need to get so upset."

She scoffed, moving further away from Naruhito, who continued to laugh at her pouting.

"You're acting like a child right now."

Sayaka only grumbled in response, staring off into space once Naruhito had stopped laughing. She had a snarky reply she craved to let out, but she held back, not replying to him. He stood up, clearing his throat, before turning away from the blonde.

"I'll be somewhere outside; if you ever need me, yell out the window beside you." He tilted his head towards the window, right beside the girl on the wall.

She nodded, turning back around to look at Naruhito, who gently shut the sliding door. She turned back around, staring out at the large window beside her; her eyes drooped after a few minutes. There was nothing else for her to do except rest and stare out into the lush wilderness. She was itching to run outside and climb in the trees, but the pain throughout her body denied the request.

Hours turned into days, and the young girl still laid in the same spot. The pain was not as severe anymore, but her legs gave out every time she tried to fully walk. Naruhito helped her stand up, standing right beside her for support if she ever began to wobble.