Chapter 14

*Sarvin's POV*

     Ruvina's parents were very nice, and I hope they will visit if they ever come by again... They seemed to like my spice cake. Well, whatever- that was a few weeks ago anyway. Some people will like me, and some won't- and thank fucking God her parents do. After all, Ruv and I will be spending the entirety of existence together- hopefully-, and they are immortal because of it.

     "I'm boredddddddd.", I say to Ruvina, leaning on her shoulder while we sit on the couch, the TV playing mind-numbing politics and news in the background.

     "Sarv, you said that 5 minutes ago...", Ruv says.

     "Because I ammmmmmm."

     Ruvina sighs. "Didn't you write some songs for us to sing a while back?"

     I perk up. "Oh yeah! I forgot about those!"

     "Why don't you find the lyrics and such, so we can go sing? I don't think there's anyone praying right, so we should be fine..."

     I get up, and kiss Ruvina on the cheek, to which she blushes. "Thanks Ruv!!!!"

     I head to the storage room, and dig around until I find a pile of unorganized papers.

     "Here we are!"

     Ruvina and I head to the main area of the church to sing.

     "Alright, let's go!"

     *insert Sanctimonious here, then Trance, Crescendo, Glazomer, then Jointly, all genderbent covers*

     "Phew! That was awesome!", I say.

     "... You are really good at writing songs, Sarvin."

     "And you're really good at singing them!", I say, giving Ruv a hug.

     The smiles don't last for long, though, as the church doors creak open, revealing 2 familiar faces. Again.

     Ruvina doesn't hesitate, taking her sickle out of her jacket, holding it at the midget's neck.

     "We warned you to never return. Now you will pay the price."

     "BEEP-", the blue-haired child says.

     "WAIT WAIT WAIT WE ONLY CAME TO-", her boyfriend says.

     "I don't care what you have to say, you knew the consequences."

     "Wait, Ruv, let them speak."

     She hesitates, but lowers the sickle.

     The boy continues. "We came to apologize, for the trouble we have caused the four of you."

     Ruvina and I look at each other in confusion. "Four? It's just the two of us..."

     The girl whispers something to her boyfriend.

     "Two, sorry. If you will still take us, we would like to join the church, in compensation."

     *Genderbent Boyfriend (Girlfriend) inaudibly whispers in beeps to Boyfriend (genderbent Girlfriend), "Wait, I thought we came to get the microphone we left here...", to which Boyfriend (genderbent Girlfriend) gets her to shut up so he can continue talking.*

     "What do you think, Sarv?", Ruv whispers to me.

     "Even if we may not be, the Lord is all forgiving, and will take the children in."

     I smile at the children. "The Lord will be happy with you."

     I turn to the boy. "I can tell that you are a demon, even in a human appearance. May you redeem yourself, and be accepted at the pearly gates I was once rejected at." *Boyfriend's (genderbent Girlfriend) face drains in color as Sarvin says this, not expecting that, and because he lied.*

     "Beep bop!", the kid says.

     "Oh, you want to sing again?", I ask.

     "For your decision, I guess it is the least we could do."

     "You still have some songs to sing?", Ruvina asks me.

     "2, meant to be sung by 3 people."

     "Bep beep bo!", the kid says, now in possession of a microphone that she strangely did not have before. (translation: "Let's rock!")

     *insert Too Clergy, and then Panic-Stricken, both genderbent covers*

     "May I ask, are you two together now?", the boy asks once we finish, and I smile.

     "We have come a long way since both the first and previous time you two visited the church."

     "Awww, good for you guys!", the boy says.

     "Thank you. I look forward to seeing you guys again, or not. As long as you pray daily, the Lord and I will be pleased. However, I would still appreciate it if you stopped by now and then."

     "Don't encourage them to-", Ruv whispers to me, to which I hit her in the gut, silencing her.

     The boy and girl leave.

     "As fucking annoying as those kids are, wouldn't it be nice to have kids of our own, one day?", I say to Ruvina, who is now recovered from the gut-punch.

     Ruv is taken by surprise by this, blushing. "I suppose..."

     I smile. One day...