(Set change! And different POV? Welcome back to Woodsboro, Cali!:))

You promised to call back. You didn't even pick up after Stu restlessly was spamming your phone with calls, FOR THE PAST HOUR.

You really are a magnet for psychos, but that doesn't make them all 'sweetheart baby angel!!!' to you. The stress had him pacing in the living room.
Billy had just gotten home from work, thinking he was going to be able to relax, but how silly of him to think like that.

Looking harshly at the man in front of him, Billy just watches as his hopes for something peaceful were quickly fading away.
Stu has been pretty protective over you for a while now, constant calls just to make sure you were safe, his need for your attention, etcetc.

His love for you was evident with his actions, always trying to go above and beyond for you. But now, as he anxiously paced around the room, it was clear how obsessed the fella really is.

The feeling of being unable to protect you had taken a toll on his already crumbling mental state. "We shouldn't have let him go, Billy."

Billy shakes his head disappointedly, "You know we couldn't" Stu stops pacing and quickly looks over to him. "Yes we could've! Why are you so stubborn?!"

Billy just observes Stu's distress, he couldn't help but feel a sense of guilt. He loved you too, how could he just watch you leave?

Sighing, he gets off the armchair and walks out the room, leaving Stu behind. "Where are you going?" Stu asks. "My room" Stu eyes him suspiciously, "Why?"

"To start packing, c'mon."

(Back to you:D)

You've napped for a good long while; the stress of the day had weighted heavily on you, a wave of grogginess washes over you.

Stretching out on the bed, the pillow on top of your arm leaves imprints on your skin. A knock at your door makes you jump, "Yeah?!" You shout.

The door opens and there stands the long haired man from earlier. "Is uh, dinner done?" You ask, he nods softly, his body slouched over seemingly trying not to intimidate you.

You can notice his efforts, it's like as if he's trying to ease you to trust him. Your instincts tell you to be wary, to not let your guard down. But a part of you also sense a genuine attempt at civility.

"I'll be down, just give me a minute."  The man holds again, his body language remaining calm as he takes a step back, allowing you even more space between the two of you than before.

Rising from the bed, the dogs beside you huff, complaining about you getting up. "What? You rather miss dinner?" You tease, and in response they both jump off the bed and rush downstairs. Chuckling, you make your way to the door, still trying to rub the sleepiness how your eyes.

"Well, c'mon big guy, we better get down there before Bo comes to get us himself!" You pause at the top of the steps, turning to face him. "You're uh Vincent.. right?" He nods, "Coolcool, I'm M/n." You introduced yourself, smiling at him as you both descend down the stairs.

As you reach the bottom, the smell of dinner fills the air. The dogs eagerly wags their tails, sitting down near Lester as he stirs a pot.
Vincent gestures over towards the dining table and pulls a chair out for you.

You thank him, a small smile on your face as you look up towards Lester. "What's for dinner, Cricket?" Lester faces you and smiles, "Stew!" He picks the pot up from it's handles, WITH POT HOLDERS, and sets it on the table. Chunks of meat, some veggies, and beans(?) sit in the stew's broth.

"What kinda of meat is that?" You ask, tilting your head to the side. "Deer! I think.. might be some rabbit too!" He laughs it off like some joke, pushing you aside so he can pour some into your bowl.

Gulping you stare into the bowl, it wasn't too bad. You at least knew it was animal meat. Vincent seats himself across from you as Bo walks in. "Surprised you didn't try to run off." He teases, taking a seat at the table.

You roll your eyes, grumbling. "I'm not sure if I want to kiss you or punch you in the mouth." You gasp as quickly as you said that and slap your hand over your mouth, shushing yourself. Your being a flustered and embarrassed mess.
Bo chuckles, amused by your state.

Avoiding looking at him, you take a spoonful of the stew, the chunks of deer were tender yet not so seasoned.
You stir the food in your bowl, "Where'd you get the deer anyways, Lest?"

"Roadkill. They're not too bad before the sun bakes them up! If they're fresh, I bring them home instead of wasting the meat." He says, that goofy smile present on his face.

You just stare at him, a little shocked but politely nod your head at him. It doesn't exactly look like the gas station not cleaning up roadkill could afford bills and food. Gosh, I made you sound snobby, I'm so sorry.

You look up from your bowl to Vincent, not eating. The mask of wax just sits on his face while he refuses to eat. Concerned, you ask, "You good, honeybee? Not too fond of deer, huh?" The nickname surprises him, causing him to lower his gaze to his lap.
He's lucky the heat from his face isn't melting his mask.

As the seconds ticks by, the room grows increasingly uncomfortable. "I uh, I can leave if you want. I'm done anyways." Vincent slowly nods.
You get up, place your bowl and spoon in the sink and leave for the living room. Staying just in sight for Bo to see you.

Dinner goes by smoothly. Unlike the dinner with The Hewitt's, you knew with me you were eating. And you don't have to sit with Char- Hoyt. You didn't have to sit with Hoyt, anymore. You're up helping with dishes when Bo decided it was time to bother you.

He leans on the doorframe, watching you. "You said 'time is money's earlier? What'd you mean by that? You don' exactly look like the hard workin type." Wow! A question and insult! What a combo!!

You stopped washing the bowl and look at him. You smile, "Wouldn't you like to know." And you go back to washing the dishes. You were tired of talking and being with this man. You wanted your van, you wanted to already be in Canada.

You regretted this trip.

A bump on the back of your knee makes you almost lose your balance, you look down to see Mantis laying down at your face patiently waiting for you to be done. A snicker from behind signals that Bo had gotten closer. Sighing, you don't even look at him, "Why do you want to know so badly anyways?" You ask plainly. "Just want to know if you'd be missing anything important while you're here." He teases with that stupid devilishly handsome face of his; you blush, and frown at the man.

"It's a steel manufacturer and we do construction. My father and his brother, my uncle, owns it. Soon part of it will be passed down to my brother and I." Bo hums, and looks slightly impressed? A wave of pride washes over you by that look.

"The company is called uh, [COMPANY NAME]. I think we're quite popular among those who need construction." You start scrubbing the dishes harder than you should of while you talk to him. He leaves you alone after that, but you weren't alone, alone.

((Idk what I'm doing:')))

Vincent had been cleaning off the table and counters beside you as you worked in the sink. You just silently watched as he gracefully makes his way around the small kitchen.
A content smile spreads across your face as you watch him work.

Feeling much like a housewife, you continue to scrub and scrub at the stew pot.

~

I wanted this to be a double post, but even on holiday breaks, I can't seem to catch one.:')

Anyways, I've been thinking about adding Haunt(2019) into this! I watched it not to long ago and OH MY LAWD😻

But I wanted to know if there is anyone against having these characters and this movie into this silly little book, let me know ig┐( ˘_˘)┌