{1}

"No Papa! The maximum I can do for you is to attend the wedding

"No Papa! The maximum I can do for you is to attend the wedding. Don't expect me to show up in all those cringe functions", declared Neil. Vidur sighed. He sat beside his son and pressurized him, "Neil!! Betu, Dadababu would be very happy to see you. Moreover isn't Miraya your bestfriend? She'll be over the moon if you attend her wedding functions."

"Papa please! Don't drag Chotu into this. She knows how greatly I think of Mahajans!", concluded Neil. Anticipating further persuasion, he reached for his headphones and put them on.

Vidur, feeling frustrated, continued, "And the Nagars..."

Neil paused his typing and pretended to be engrossed in his laptop, while still listening. Vidur couldn't help but smirk at his son's tactics.

"You know, Bhoomi's kids are pretty cool. I think you'd get along with them," Vidur remarked, giving Neil's back a gentle pat. He leaned in and added, "especially Yuvika." Neil felt irritated and turned to confront his father, "Papa! Aap kehna kya chahte hai?"

Vidur chuckled and clarified, "I mean, Yuvika is a wonderful person. She's kind, gentle, loving, and approachable. I believe you two could become great friends, like Prem and I."

"Ha!," Neil exclaimed with a laugh. He closed his laptop and retorted, "Papa, the Nagars are just a step behind the Mahajans in terms of stupidity." Removing his headphones, he whispered, "Especially Yuvika."

"Betu! Enough now! I said you're attending the Roka ceremony tomorrow and it's final. No more questions", declared Vidur. He was frustrated of Neil's stubbornness but somewhere he knew how it was justified. Before Neil could retaliate with an answer, Vidur left for his room, leaving Neil alone in the living room with Buzzo.

Neil looked at Buzzo, who was waving his tail at him. Neil picked him up and said, "Dekh raha hai na Buzzo! Papa would never let me boycott the Mahajans completely"

•°. *࿐

"Oh Vidur!" Dadababu exclaimed, thrilled to see his dear friend. Vidur returned the smile as they shared a warm embrace. "Congratulations, Dadababu!" Vidur greeted him. Dadababu beamed at his friend and then turned his attention to Neil, who appeared visibly annoyed. "Neil! My boy, it's wonderful to see you after all this time. How have you been?" Dadababu inquired.

Neil managed a forced smile and replied, "Everything's fine."

Observing Neil's displeasure, Dadababu understood that Neil still harbored resentment towards the Mahajans, especially since the tragedy that befell the Bharadwajs. Dadababu was well aware of Neil's sentiments.

Spotting Yuvika passing by, Dadababu called out to her, "Yuvii! Dear, come here for a moment!" Yuvika turned towards them, offering a smile as she approached. She greeted Vidur and exchanged a glance with Neil, who smirked in return.

"Vidur and I need to discuss a few matters. Could you please keep Neil company until then? He's not quite familiar with this place," Dadababu requested, patting Neil's shoulder affectionately. Neil looked at Yuvika mischievously, sensing an opportunity.