Baby's Room

May 2020

George smiles at the camera as it turns on, sending a little wave to the stream. "Hey chat! How are we?"

He has his camera on a tripod in the corner of his guest bedroom; the space empty from where he's cleared it out of furniture and the random things originally stored in here. All that's left is the boxes of new furniture, and a pile of Nina's toys in the corner that is going to be kept in here when he's done redecorating.

She's asleep in his bedroom, and likely to be for a while since neither of them slept much last night after she accidentally banged her head on his desk and then refused to sleep for a good few hours afterward.

He had been stressing about it for a while, wondering if she'd been seriously hurt or this was something that could affect her long-term. But after he found no bruise, and realised the wood was soft and she hadn't even hit herself that hard, he figured she was just being dramatic.

So now he's put her down for a nap earlier than usual. She is likely to stay down, but he has the baby monitor next to him just in case anyway.

The chat seems excited by the change of scenery, and that he has his webcam on; a rare feat since his eyebags have darkened an excessive amount since her teething, and the fact his house is always messy and started to look more like santa's workshop with all of Nina's toys scattered around.

He titled the stream 'decorating my daughters bedroom!', so chat is filling up with the prospect of more 'Gee' lore after he announced her existence a few months ago and then decided to never bring her up again. And with all of the new fans coming in from the 'Dream SMP' (as it was recently nicknamed), they're all desperate to find out what they'd missed in his life considering a daughter was a pretty big deal.

With all of the creators that have been invited to join, and the amount of viewers they individually bring, the 'Dream SMP' has started to become seriously popular in the minecraft community, especially since Covid means that everyone doesn't have anything better to do but watch twitch streams.

The manhunts have also only become more popular, indirectly bringing the viewers of their 'Minecraft but' videos up as well. Dreams now on __ subscribers, while George gets to his first million in May .

George is having the time of his life on the server, all of their new friends seem to be exactly on his wavelength. Wilbur and Tommy, despite how.. unusual he found their humour at first, turned out to be pretty funny people. Despite the kid's obnoxious personality on stream, he turns out to be a fun person to hang out with, and despite how annoying he initially was George can't deny how talented he is in terms of drawing in new viewers.

Quackity is cool as well. Quackity's humour matches George's own perfectly and he's relieved that Wilbur's british as he finally has friends in his own time zone.

He's on his own today, but Dream promised he'd try to find the time to call him in an hour or so and join the stream.

"I'm sure you can guess what we're doing today." He gestures to the various IKEA flat-pack parcels around him, all ordered online due to the current pandemic, though he'd of much rather taken the trip to the shop for a day out. "It's been a long time overdue," he laughs, "but she's finally got enough toys that i can't go any longer without somewhere proper to store them otherwise I literally wouldn't be able to walk around my flat."

He has been putting this off for ages, and the new furniture has been sitting in here for long enough. He's very good at procrastinating, and after a month of putting it off he realised he was only going to do it if he had some kind of motivation. So streaming is a win-win for everyone; chat gets content, and he gets paid, plus incentive to get stuff done.