33. Ryan's Straight!

Start from the beginning

He hummed for a moment, thinking it over. He brought my hand up to his face and it placed it on his cheek, a content smile on his face.

"I don't know."

I gave him a look. "What do you mean?"

He nuzzled his cheek against my palm, like a golden retriever. "I don't know. I've never had such strong feelings for anyone, boy or girl. I guess you could say I'm only attracted to Sebastians."

He smiled, his eyes lighting up.

"This one Sebastian in particular."

I laughed and pinched his cheek. "Cheeky."

He shook his head. "I'm being serious. I'm Sebastiansexual."

I rolled over on my bed, stomach hurting from how much I was laughing. Finn suddenly pinned me down and hovered over me.

"Tell me, Sebastian..."

He slowly traced his finger along my jaw, stopping at the corner of my mouth.

"With a face this beautiful..."

He leaned in, his lips inches away from mine.

"And lips this tempting..."

He suddenly dropped his head down towards my neck instead, gently nibbling on my skin.

"How can I not fall in love with you?"

In one swift motion, he got up, pulling me onto his lap. I almost drooled at the sight of his arms, the muscles flexing as he tugged me towards him.

I placed my hands on his shoulders to stabilise myself. Finn was looking at me with a hungry look.

I was about to lean in, desperate for a kiss, when a loud tune interrupted us. He groaned, pulling his phone out of his pocket.

He huffed. "Better be someone important."

He broke out into a grin when he saw the caller name. "It's Lorelai!"

He picked up. "Hey, Lori."

Lori? Oh come on.

Finn nodded at whatever my mom said before hanging up. He gave me a pointed look.

"Your mom said there's dinner in the fridge, we just need to heat it up."

I nodded. "That's great, let's eat together."

He stared at me, eyes even more narrowed. "She also said that sometimes you skip dinner and eat something random out of laziness."

I gave him a sheepish look. She was right.

He stood up, and I instinctively wrapped my legs around him, as he walked out my room, carrying me.

"Oi!" I yelled, but he just chuckled.

"You better eat all your meals on time, baby. You need the energy for all the running around you do all day."

I nodded, and he set me down, giving my butt a little pat as I turned around. I playfully glared at him, and he just winked at me.

We ate dinner together a while later and he left soon after.

Now that I was alone, I thought back to today's mess.

I was happy everything was resolved now, I hated to think that Finn thought so low of himself.

Although he seemed just fine when he left, the heartbroken look on his face today scared me much more than I thought. I never wanted to see such a look on his face again.

And Ben. The next time I saw him, things would get messy. But for now, I decided not to aggravate the issue by trying to look for him.

It didn't seem like the best idea to confront him alone, and if a fight broke out, I'd be the first to go down.

That night, I tucked in my cactus plushie before going to sleep. Was I being a five year old? Yes. Did I give a shit? No.

It was a gift from Finn. I'd cherish it as long as I could.

xoxo

Finn sat with us for lunch these days, although he didn't say much the entire time. The first time I was slightly worried Jenny and Theo might be uncomfortable, but they were ecstatic when they saw him.

They always tried to tease him. According to Jenny, Finn spent 80% of his time looking at me with puppy eyes. A day or two later, Anna joined us too.

She was always nervous around me, but was a whole different person around Theo, all bubbly and chatty. I smiled softly at them. That's just how Theo was, he could make anyone comfortable in seconds.

I snuck another glance at my boyfriend. Whenever I looked at Finn, he was already looking at me. He was adorable.

School was finally over, and we walked down the hallway together.

"I have after-school practice today, Sebastian. I could drop you off then come back."

I rolled my eyes. "Are you insane? I could walk home."

But I didn't want to do that. I wanted to watch him play. But I was a little worried he might think I was being creepy if I said that to him.

Finn had an in-built sensor or something, because he always senses when I was hiding something.

He held my face and made me look at him again, giving me a questioning look. I stared back, pretending to not know anything.

He ran his thumb along my jaw. "What are you hiding this time, baby?"

I shut my eyes. He wasn't playing fair. I looked at him with a pout.

"I wanted to see you play." I mumbled.

He grinned. "I would love that. Almost like that's the whole reason I joined in the first place."

I groaned, face turning red again.

While he went off to the lockers to get changed, I sat down on the bleachers waiting for him.

He came out soon enough, in a sleeveless tank top that showed off his strong arms. He played passionately, and anyone could see he was really good at it.

I cheered when he scored, and got weird looks from everyone. Oh right, they were just practicing.

I kept smiling to myself when we left the building together.

"I need to shower so bad, I'm so sweaty."

I chuckled at him. He really was sweaty, but he looked so hot.

Finn caught me staring at him and smirked at me. He ruffled my hair. "Adorable."

We got home together and went about our way. Finn seemed to think Ryan was into me for some reason.

As oblivious as I was, I was completely sure about this one thing. He was definitely straight.

xoxo

"Finn, you're worrying over it for now reason."

He gave me a look. It was another dreary day at school, and Finn was being all pouty again. He was always acting like Ryan would jump on me at any given moment.

Finn's hold on me always tightened a tiny bit whenever Ryan passed by. He never made a deal about it, but I could see it on his face. I smiled at his antics.

We were roaming around the hallways, bored out of our minds. I felt around in my pockets for my phone and frowned when I didn't find it. How weird.

"Ah, Finn. I must've dropped it in that storage closet we were in earlier."

He chuckled. "Clumsy. C'mon, let's go get it."

We reached the spot and I swung the door open.

And froze.