Friendship's spark - Gracie Abrams

Start from the beginning

My arms go around her waist, squeezing it softly as she squeezes my shoulder.

„You sure this is how you wanna spend your 24th birthday?" I ask suspiciously, after congratulating her.

„Wouldn't have it any other way-„ The brown haired girl mumbles in response, still holding onto my neck after we've parted.

„Alright, well I've brought you something-„

„Y/n I told you, no presents-„

„-small, here!" I finish quickly, handing her a small present.

She looks at me, raising an eyebrow as I encourage her to open it. Her hand flies to her mouth as the wrapping paper falls on the floor. A small shriek leaves her mouth and in a matter of seconds she jumps onto me and I hold onto her waist, swinging her around which earns me a giggle.

„You didn't" She gasps, looking at the vinyl.

„I did" I grinn, mesmerised by the look of happiness on her face.

„It's got all of our songs on it, even made some cover art." Referring to the painting I did myself, the back of it saying „love, y/n".

„Wow, Y/n I don't know what to say. This is the best gift I've EVER gotten." Gracie exclaims, gaze switching between me and the vinyl.

„Well you deserve only the best." I whisper, her gaze softening as she looks first into my eyes than at my lips.

She hugs me a few seconds later, a small breeze of her perfume entering my nose.

„And this is just for tonight-„ I add, handing her her favourite snack and drink.

„You remembered?"

„Of course, how could I forget?" I respond, voice barely over a whisper.

„Y/n that was one night, like 4 years ago." Gracie answers, her face vulnerable.

„Yeah? The night we met." I add, smiling as she hugs me again.

„And don't forget who introduced you to that!" I say, raising an eyebrow as I point to the alcoholic drink I just handed her.

„Youuuu" She hums, raising goosebumps all over my arm.

„Yep" I add as she pulls me to the movie room, Sabrina giving me a knowing look.

I sit down on the edge of the sofa in the middle, communicating with Sab without saying a word. We both watch Gracie show the present to our friends, one after the other giving me the same look as Sabrina did. After a while someone starts the movie and everyone sits down, Gracie the last one to do so. She walks towards me, nearly stumbling over the people on the floor when she makes it.

„Sorry, I'll sit on the floor-„ I quickly excuse myself and stand up.

„No stay" She says, her face only milimeters away as I look back up into the dark.

„Okay" I whisper, sitting back down.

At first she sits next to me, grabbing the blanket and snacks. I quickly react, stealing it back which makes her gasp. I start tickling her like mad, an enormous laugh leaving her lips.

„Quiet down lovebirds" Sabrina snaps, fully invested in the movie she claims not liking.

pffff

„Alrigh alright, truce?" Gracie nods, giving me half of the blanket.

After a few minutes of watching I feel movement against me and when I look over I notice a irritated look on her face.

„Not comfortable?" I ask, earning a grumpy no which makes me snicker.

„Come here" I rasp, Gracie's cheeks reddening.

I open my arms and almost immediately she lays on my chest, cuddling me. I lay the blanket over us and pull her closer, smiling happily.

„I love this movie" I hear her whisper, making me kiss her head softly.

Gracie looks up at me, our eyes locking as we stay like that. I look down, soft brown eyes and then soft plump lips. My mind starts racing, the music sounding in the background as the adrenaline pumps through my body. My body stays frozen when she suddenly grabs the back of my neck and pull me down. Our lips move against eachother slowly, breath mixing as I close my eyes. We kiss for a few minutes, stopping when I run out of air. I pull back, chest rising and falling as her vulnerable eyes look back at me. I grin at her, pecking her nose which makes her giggle and squeeze my hand. She turns around, laying her head on my chest and after a while her hand goes underneath my shirt, scratching my abdomen.

My eyes close after a while, the piano music playing  in the background and Gracie's hand warming my body.

A/n short but cute:) hope you enjoyed it
also working on 'who are you', don't worryy