Chapter Eight - The Talk

Start from the beginning

After a series of 'thank yous' and 'you really don't need to'. Ajinkya, Shilpa and Aniket finally went back to gather their stuff leaving Sai and him alone. Virat after a period of silence, at long last built the courage to grab her hand, pulling her to his chest. Sai, who felt the sudden jolt, gasped and once again hit her head against his solid chest, but this time rather than the first instinct of pushing away, she placed her hands against his sculpted abs covered under his black T-shirt.

"I'm going to call your aaba to let him know we are going to be late," he whispered, and then placed a gentle kiss on top of her head. "you go and grab your stuff"

He felt her nod against his chest and gently let her go, keeping his eyes on her while she stepped away and moved towards her belongings, her friends immediately surrounding her to tease. He chuckled,when Sai glared at Ajinkya and landed a punch on his stomach, forcing the young boy to double down in pain. 'Idiots' he muttered and then picked up his leather jacket from the floor, so he could grab his phone from its pocket.

**

Kamal Joshi received a call from Virat to inform him that he and Sai are going to be late in coming back as they will be dropping off her friends at their home first. "Koi baat nahin, as long as Sai is with you I know she is safe, I will see you when you get here" and with their goodbyes he ended the call, and shouted for Usha.

"Kya hua bau, chilla kyun rahe hain" Usha Maushi asked, coming out her room

"Virat Sir and Sai late hojayenge aane main, voh Sai ke friends ko drop off karne ja rahe hain pehle. Toh jab voh ayenge unka khana garam kar lena teekh hai?"

"Yeh bhi koi kehne ki baat hain, main to vaise bhi karleti?" She remarked, rolling her eyes. "Vaise Bhau, un dono ke bare mein kya soch hai apki"

Kamal looked at her confused "matlab?"

"Matlab, aap ko nahin lagta ke undone ke bich kuch chakar chal raaha hain?"

Kamal guffawed, he knew why Usha was thinking that, they had both witnessed the closeness between his Sir and his daughter and everything indicates to them being a couple already, and Kamals hope is that one day that will be true, however knowing how slow they both are when it comes to the matter of their heart, Kamal had no confidence that they will express their likeness to themselves in this lifetime, never mind to each other.

"Usha, soch toh yeh hain ke ek din Virat sir mere damad honge, bar undono ke upar agar chordu toh mein to is janam mein sasur bane se raha" he replied, "bar mein undono ke bich bhi nahin parunga, jab unko ehsaas hoga tab khud hi woh mere pass ayenge"

"Bar Sai ki umar ..." Usha, stated worried, stopping her thoughts when her brother halted her.

"Sai abhi sirf 18 saal ki hain, uske paas abhi bhi time hai"

Neither realised that at the same very moment, the two individuals they were discussing, were starting to move into the very beginning of a lifetime together, and their hopes and dreams for them were going to become reality very soon.

**

"Thank you for dropping me off sir, see you at college next week Sai!' And with that Ajinkya who was the last to be dropped off, climbed out of Virat's Bentley leaving the two. Without a word Virat started driving off and put the music on low to fill the silence that all of a sudden filled the car. The ride was filled with a lot of chatter when her friends were still there, going over their adventures in college, filling him with stories of themselves and their families. Virat got to really know the three in the very short car ride and honestly liked them, he could see why Sai had them as her friends, but as one by one they arrived at the drop off locations, the atmosphere in the car became quieter and he could feel the thick tension in the air.