Nice To Meet You, But It's Even Better To Meet Me

Começar do início

But the enemy dodges her attack at the last second, and her blade bounces off the cobblestones.

The other men are too far away to reach.

Alexia spits up blood and wipes her mouth. Her hand is stained red.

At this point, she successfully distracts two of them, but there's one left - the one who kicked her to stop her from killing the other man. Alexia glares at him with spite.

Three against one. The numbers haven't changed.
But the situation has worsened. Two of them are unscathed, and the other is badly injured but still able to wield his sword. She can't ignore the last man.

On the other hand, Alexia's lungs are punctured by her broken ribs.

𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘺'𝘳𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦, she thinks. I guess this is the end... But with these dru—

Suddenly, a blue-violet light shines down on her and all her injuries suddenly get better. She feels more energized and her mental fatigue is gone. Not only that, her magic is...

At that moment, something dark descends from the sky, landing as silently as an owl gliding through the night.

The ebony blade slices through one opponent, causing blood to gush out. The suffocating stench of gore fills the alleyway. With a swift swing, the man clad in black, Shadow, wipes the blood off his sword, leaving a red streak along the wall.

"𝗧𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝗺𝗼𝗰𝗸 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝗵𝗮𝗱𝗼𝘄 𝗚𝗮𝗿𝗱𝗲𝗻..."

This is Shadow, the most powerful being in existence. He's the one who displays flawless swordplay— the one she could never forget.

'𝘐𝘴 𝘚𝘩𝘢𝘥𝘰𝘸... 𝘧𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮?'

That's what it seems like.

"𝗣𝗮𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝘀 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗲𝘀," Shadow declares.

In the next moment, the men in black spring into action, making a split-second decision to leap from the cobblestones, bound off the wall, jump onto the rooftop, and flee.

"𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗽𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗰..." Shadow starts moving to go after them.

"Wait up...!" Her voice stops him in his tracks. He turns back slowly, staring right at her.

Her sword starts shaking like crazy. She suddenly realizes... she's doing something really stupid.

"I'm Alexia Midgar, one of the princesses in this kingdom."

Shadow just keeps staring at her. She knows he could easily end her life if he wanted.

"Tell me why you're fighting. Who's your enemy? And... are you a threat to my country?"

Silence falls upon them both.

Alexia was about to speak, but she notices Shadow's pure glowing blood-red eyes... they seem... Is she imagining things now? How can she even see through that hood and mask?

Wait— he's smiling!? It's hardly noticeable, but she catches Shadow with a little smile, almost unnoticeable. She had to be hallucinating now.

"I̷'̷m̷ f̷i̷g̷h̷t̷i̷n̷g̷ f̷o̷r̷ w̷h̷a̷t̷ t̷h̷e̷y̷ l̷o̷s̷t̷.̷"

"...What—?" What about the other two questions?

"𝖨'𝗆 𝗍𝖺𝗄𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗆𝗒 𝗅𝖾𝖺𝗏𝖾... 𝖠𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝗒 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗐𝖺𝗒, 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝗌𝗂𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋'𝗌 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗐𝖺𝗒."