Feeling a light tap on the shoulder, she turned around to face icy blue eye's piercing into her own emerald's.
"you look beautiful" a hoarse voice spoke, watching as a small but genuine smile became one on her face.
"thank you tommy, you look handsome" she sighed through the same smile, the pairs eyes not leaving one another's. "come with me" he hoarsed, stepping out the way to allow her in-front of him.
Walking into the empty snug, Tommy shut the door behind them before significantly lessening the proximity between them both.
"i want you to have this" tommy spoke, his voice unusually quieter then it always was, displaying a side of vulnerability. Frowning slightly in confusion, Charlotte swallowed as she came to the realisation of what it was he was giving her. Her eyes met a pretty bracelet that she hadn't seen since she made her first departure from small heath, it was one that had originally belonged to Tommy's mother however after her passing, tommy insisted Charlotte was to have it. Without a doubt she wore it everyday for most likely around 10 years straight, although unfortunately she clearly misplaced it.
"i found it the day you left, kept it on me ever since"he added, now his voice entailing pure emotion. "i want you to have it back" he nodded, meeting her intense gaze, one that also held arrays of emotion.
"thank you tommy" she spoke just above a whisper as she glanced back at the bracelet. "that's very sweet of you" she added, biting her lip as he placed the bracelet on her wrist, the familiar touch sending a unwelcome surge simultaneously through them.
"thank you" she exhaled quietly, not taking her eyes off his. not a word was spoken, all that could be heard was the slightly quickened breaths.
His eye's scanned over her for a second as he bit his lip, pondering on his thoughts as he stepped towards her.
Crashing his lips against hers, he cupped her face with strength and delicacy,urgency and care.
Returning the kiss, Charlotte couldn't describe the sensation that consumed her, she had many things to be proud of, things that ought for an overwhelming feeling of satisfaction and pride. However stood here now, she could effortlessly admit that no feeling could match to what she was experiencing right now, one that could only be described as similar to letting out an exhale after holding your breath for too long. As if the universe conspired for them to be together, an overwhelming feeling of righteousness.
Soulmate love, they say, is a rarity, but she knew without a doubt, that she had always witnessed the magic of it.
A simple kiss acting as that reminder, spoke a thousand words solely.
Pulling away ever so slightly, the distance between the pair remained minimal, as he ran his thumb over her bottom lip gently. "i have a show this weekend, i want you to come with me" charlotte spoke irrationally, watching as he was taken aback by the statement. "you want me to be there?" he questioned with a small frown, recalling the amount of times she mentioned the papers and his reputation. "yes" she responded without hesitation. "but what about?"
"i love you" she cut him off, "and i have since we were sixteen years old tommy" she admitted through a sigh. "you have to promise you won't break my heart if we do this again" she whispered, loud enough for him to notice the vulnerability consuming her tone.
"i promise you" he spoke, as she lightly nodded her head. "Lottie" "i love you more, always have always will" he nodded as she chuckled lightly at the last part. "so will you come with me?"
"i'll be there Lottie."

Thomas Shelby and Charlotte Windsor, four words, twenty eight letters and eight syllables that unite together to construct a sweet tune of power.
A worldwide sensation, a notorious gangster, a duo that even power itself shy's away from. Truly Iconic.
As they walked into the club, Charlotte's arm linked with his the entrance was soon consumed with the flashes of hundreds of camera's, enough to overwhelm anyone. Although of course, the pair stood tall, leaving onlookers in awe of the scene that was enfolding. Not only was the ordeal going to be a staple piece in the media due significant amounts of interest in her love life, but her "partner" wasn't just anybody, he happened to be a notorious gangster and a beautiful one at that. Intimidation is often successful based off of two components, confidence and appearance, and god did they have both. The people watched in intimidation and awe, as charlotte placed her hand in his. Whispers contaminated the room, there was a man good enough to be with Charlotte Windsor?, there was a woman good enough to be with Thomas Shelby?
There was no denying how well they complimented each-other, there was no denying this was going to be the talk of all papers by tomorrow morning.
But for Charlotte? He'd do it all.

"Good luck tonight Charlotte" one of the club owners smiled, someone Charlotte had become familiar with over the past couple years. "Thank you, i need to find my partner quickly before i perform but i'll speak with you later" she smiled, soon followed by a thick swallow at her words.
My Partner
They hadn't even had that conversation yet, and undeniably many things lay untold however how do you explain to someone that he's my partner but not really but was for 10 years of my life?

Tommy stood conversing in very unwanted small talk as he waited for Charlotte, however he did so anyway, all for Charlotte's benefit.
"So Mr Shelby, what brings you here?"
a high pitched voice caught his attention, it holding a flirtatious tone.
"i'm here with my wife."
My Wife
He was just as aware as Charlotte was that they haven't even had the slightest of conversations in regards to what they are, and here he was referring to her as his wife, although in his favour it was also a plea to voice, "leave me the fuck alone".
"i don't see her" she smirked, licking her lips and running her hand down his chest.
From the other side of the room, Charlotte stopped dead in her tracks, feeling an instant surge of that unwanted ptsd, as she ever so quickly felt in touch with her old self, the naive and heartbroken girl who endured so much mental pain at the hands of that man. Here she stood, feeling that ever so familiar feeling, turning around within seconds, uninterested in watching even a millisecond more.

Taking an instant step back, Tommy screwed his face up in pure disgust.
"my wife's Charlotte Windsor, i wouldn't look at you if you payed me" he spoke,not missing the way the colour was now drained from her face at the realisation of who his wife is. "now if you excuse me, i'm going to find her" he added, walking away and scanning the room for her.
His eyes were successful when they fell upon her, nursing a drink on her own.
"why you stood on your own Lottie?" he frowned, under the impression she had gone back stage to prepare.
Taking the bracelet he had re-given her off within seconds, she opened up his hand placing it inside.
"you can have that back" she spoke through the clench of her jaw, fighting with everything not to convey her emotions. "what?" he furrowed his brows, confusion growing by the minute. "i forgive you, but i'll never forgive myself for trusting someone like you" she shot at him, watching as his eyes scanned over her face in confusion. "Lottie what are you talking about?" he questioned, concern riddling his tone. "you promised me, i left you for five minutes and you couldn't control yourself?" she spat, evidently attempting to disguise her hurt through anger.
A look of realisation came about Tommy's face when he glanced back at her, she had seen the worst part of the interaction and that's all.
"Lottie look at me" he sighed, desperate to let her know what really happened.
"how can i look at you, when in your eyes i see a stranger where i once saw a soulmate" she spat, feeling instant regret as an expression of pure hurt flashed across his face. "What?" he hoarsed, charlotte's guilt growing at the despair in his voice.

"Because nothing makes me happier, and nothing makes me sadder, than you."

-

he finally got that oscar👏👏👏
alsoo these updates are doing my head in and i'm not even a reader lol, trying my best to speed them up x
it's all smooth sailing after this promiseeee