⛧°。 ⋆༺1.06༻⋆。 °⛧

⸻ ☀︎ 💐 UNWRITTEN ⭐️☀︎ ⸻・tayl4rswift

・tayl4rswift

⌗ CHARLOTTE

flashback 3 years ago...

The warm summer breeze blew through my hair as I walked down the street, tears streaming down my face. My boyfriend had just broken up with me and I needed somewhere to clear my head. My favorite place to go and do that is this tree house a family had made for me and my friends years ago.

I climbed up the stairs of the house and was faced with a sight I had not expected to see.

"Holy shit you scared me!" Matt jumped back holding his heart.

Still after all the tears I had shed he still managed to make me smile.

He helped pull me up and sat back down in his bean bag.

"What are you even doing- shit Charlie why are you crying?" his face softened as he saw the tears running down my cheeks. I hate when people see me cry, I'm not one to show my vulnerability.

I quickly wiped my tears and cleared my throat.

"Nothing, nothing I just..tripped when I was walking here."

"Charlie I know you're lying."

"Fine! John broke up with me and I-I don't even know why. He-He didn't even give me a reason he just texted me and s-said we're over then blocked me." I explained to him through, hiccuping ever now and then.

He sighed and scooted over on his seat, patting the space next to him. I shuffled over and cuddled into his side, my head falling onto his chest.

"Charlie I'm so sorry. You're such a great girl and well he's just a jerk! I mean your nice and you have like the best humor ever and your like really really pretty oh and-"

I cut him off putting my lips softly on his. I could feel him tense under me and soon pull away.

Why just why did I do that! Fuck i'm an idiot, he's my bestfriend and I just kissed him. I mean who kisses their best friends!

"I'm sorry I should've have done that."

Those were the last words I said before fleeing the treehouse.

.° ✩. •

⌗ MATT

Memories of a certain summer night started flooding my brain and I entered this tree house.

I hadn't been here since Charlotte had kissed me three years ago. My first kissed and I fucked it all up.

But if it wasn't for that night I would still be friends with her, so maybe it wasn't a total bust.

"I haven't been in here in years." I heard her mutter and she plopped on a blue bean bag. the same beanbag we had been sat in that day.

I awkwardly cleared my throat and sat on the one across from her.

"Ya same." I shoved my hands in my pockets as I threw my head back.

"Look Matt-" I went to go look at her but felt my phone vibrating in my pocket.

"Who the fuck is blowing up my phone?!" I groaned and saw 10 text messages from Juliette.

"Lemme guess, ms.perky ms perkson herself?"
Charlotte giggled to herself and she turned onto her side.

I haven't heard that laugh, her genuine laugh in years.

"She's trying to explain herself but I don't think she understands I don't wanna hear it. At least not now." I sighed and turned my phone on do not disturb.

"Then block her."

"I'm not blocking her stupid."

"Why not."

I really didn't have a real answer to that question. My heart still lies with Juliette but for some reason I'm just not as heartbroken as I thought.

"Cause I don't block anyone, I don't even have you blocked."

"True."

She went to go open a window, the treehouse being hot as hell.

"Can I ask you a question?" My eyebrow quirked as she sat on the bench below the window.

"Go for it."

"Why'd you start dating her? You have like 20 girls at your heels are you chose someone who is the total opposite of you and quite frankly a bitch."

"For starters she was there for me when nobody else was. The one time I was really heartbroken, she was by my side." I got up and sat next to her, the bench being a little too small for two people.

"I guess I can understand that."

She practically whispered that sentence, her eyes falling to her lap while her hair slid to one side of her shoulders. I watched as she fiddled with her fingers a habit she's had forever.

"Charlotte."

Her head popped up as she heard her name fall from my lips.

"Ya?"

I was about to say something before a flashlight blinded my vision.

"Hey who's in here?" A deep voice echoed through the treehouse as he shone the bright light in both of our faces.

"It's Charlotte Lawrence and Matthew Sturniolo, the kids you built this for years ago."

"Oh i'm sorry, it's just you haven't been up here in ages."

"Our fault Mr.Thomas."

.° ✩. •

authors note!
new chapter but the flashback is kinda the same
tysm for reading im very grateful for it!
voting and commenting is always appreciated
-love ray