Chapter Five

The hum of quinjet was relaxing, it was easy enough for most passengers to nod off while on board. I had to admit though I wished I was in the pilot seat. I much preferred flying when I was the one in control.

Torrun was once again asleep, laying back across four chairs. Not sure how she found it comfortable with all the buckles and arm rests digging into her body. But oh was I jealous at how easily sleep came to her. James was pacing near the pilots chairs. The look of worry hadn't left his face since we'd stepped foot in the quinjet.

Francis sat picking at one of his arrow tips. He wore a pair of ear buds and hummed an unknown song as he worked. I wasn't quite sure what he was doing. I couldn't imagine it was a good idea though.

I had opted for a seat near the back of the open space, usually the hum would help me sleep. My parents had taken me on trips in them often since I was young. Usually to move from one safe house or another, or to go the helicarrier to one of S.H.I.E.L.D.s many outposts where I would wait for them to finish a mission. As a kid it was exciting, I looked forward to it each time. Today it felt different, not as easy to let the hum lull me to sleep. Instead it kept me on edge.

Morgan sat beside me, a laptop in her hands. "I need to configure your monitor and make sure the stats are up to date and available for every one to see."

I sighed and held out my wrist. I hated giving up control. More than that I hated someone else knowing my stats. I couldn't feel myself so someone else had to watch out for me. It made me so helpless.

Morgan gripped my wrist with her left hand and pulled out some device from her pocket to scanned the monitor on my wrist. Her eyes watched the screen of her computer as vitals popped up. Everything from my heart beat, to blood pressure, oxygen levels and more. Tony had thought of everything. The monitor, small as it was could sense a paper cut or hitting my toe on the coffee table. It was incredible, and I knew it was a life saver. But I still hated it.

Maybe because it gave me something to prove just how different I was. That no matter how hard I tried I could never be like the others. Or maybe I just didn't like that Morgan's Dad made it. Really I didn't know. Dad has asked me once why I hated it so much, and even now years later I couldn't give him a solid reason.

"Looks like we are good, just want to test a couple things to make sure everything is accurate."

After the accident had occurred, and I had recovered enough to go back to classes, I had caught Morgan on multiple occasions trying to trick me into feeling something. She would throw things at the back of my head, or poke me with her pen. She was convinced that I was faking it all so she had made it her mission to break me. Needless to say that had never happened. But this moment felt much like those times when I caught her. I watched her pull out a small taser, she placed it against the tips of my fingers and hit the button. I watched the lines on her screen jump, but felt nothing.

She then smacked the side of the taser against my thigh, once again watching levels jump while I sat back as if nothing had happened.

"Satisfied?" I muttered pulling my hand back. There was a small burn mark on the tip of my finger right where she had zapped me.

"Everything looks good. Just don't get hurt and we shouldn't have any major issues." She stood up and walked away eyes glued to her screen.

I laid back into my chair and closed my eyes. It only took a few more minutes before we landed. A small S.H.I.E.L.D. outpost. I had come here before with my parents on multiple occasions. It was close enough to D.C. that they could leave me there with the agents who resided there and head into the city to take care of things. But far enough away that they weren't worried about me if things went south.