Ulquiorra Cifer (Bleach)

Start from the beginning

His cold demeanor allows him to stay completely calm and in control in most situations, and he is not easily surprised or caught off-guard. He is also shown to have great foresight and patience. Whereas most Arrancar give their regeneration power upon become such in return for greater strength, Ulquiorra chose to keep his regeneration powers and instead train to make up for the extra power he would have otherwise received. However, he does not seem to comprehend the trait of fighting against all odds; during his final battle with Ichigo, he completely overwhelms the Substitute Shinigami after entering his , yet Ichigo continues to fight on regardless of this, prompting a visibly frustrated Ulquiorra to yell about how pointless Ichigo continuing to fight is before entering his Segunda Etapa form in an attempt to show Ichigo "true despair".

Ulquiorra can be intimidating, controlling and abusive, coming to Orihime's chamber and ordering her to eat a meal an Arrancar servant brought in, claiming that, for Aizen's benefit, it was her "duty" to stay alive. When Orihime hesitates, he threatens to force the food down her throat or strap her to a table and feed her via an IV. This implies that, while he prefers not to dirty his hands, Ulquiorra is fully capable of committing truly abhorrent and inhumane actions without feeling any shred of remorse or hesitation. Despite his demanding nature, Ulquiorra is not vain like most of his fellow Espada. He maintains a cautious and cool demeanor, being always in control of his actions. He holds himself with decent dignity and finds Nnoitra's taunts about "punishing" Orihime repulsive and vulgar.

After Ichigo's Hollow form overwhelms and strikes him down during his last battle, Ulquiorra maintains his composure and calmly berates himself for being defeated by a "Human-turned-Hollow." Believing he no longer has a purpose in life since he was so utterly defeated by his opponent, he demands that Ichigo kill him and compliments Ichigo when he decides to use a point-blank Cero to kill him, claiming the lack of mercy is "rather Hollow-like."

As a Hollow, Ulquiorra felt alone in the world, being white while those around him were black. He wandered alone, lamenting his existence, until one day he came across a white tree with many sharp spines. Ulquiorra found it satisfying due to its emptiness and sank into it, destroying part of his mask, finally at peace. An unspecified amount of time later, he was recruited by into the .

Master Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Ulquiorra mostly relies on hand-to-hand combat. Ulquiorra seems to prefer an off-the-ground method of combat, often attacking opponents from aerial standpoints. His trademark attack towards prey he likes is to impale them in the chest, gouging a hole in them in the same place as his own.

Master Swordsman: Though he rarely engages in it, Ulquiorra is highly skilled in swordsmanship. Ichigo speculates he only draws his sword against opponents he considers "worthy". He strikes with flawless precision and great speed to inflict lethal attacks without much effort. Ulquiorra prefers to wield his sword with his right hand, leaving the other hand free, letting him perform attacks like integrating his Cero. Like with his barehanded tactics, Ulquiorra seems to prefer stabbing and thrusting methods with his sword.

: One of Ulquiorra's more noticeable traits is his tremendous speed and equally efficient movements. His reflexes allowed him to react in tenths of a second to Ichigo's Getsuga Tenshō with the mask activated. He caught up with Ichigo after blasting him from a tower in mere moments and skillfully keep up with Ichigo's Bankai speed, to which Ichigo found it hard to even discern his movements at first. Ulquiorra even managed to outmaneuver a Hollowfied Ichigo until they reached the roof of Las Noches. He also remained able to use Sonído even with the absence of most of his left leg.

 (虚閃セロ, Sero; Spanish for "Zero", Japanese for "Hollow Flash"; Viz "Doom Blast"): Ulquiorra can fire a green Cero from his pointer finger of either hand with excessively destructive power. His Cero can be charged and fired relatively fast. The force of the blast can send an opponent hurtling long distances, effectively destroying any obstacle in its path at great range.