Prolouge

She knew how bad her mind was getting, the jumbled-up images of her environment, where her reality and hallucinations mixed.

Her mistaking a football player with a non-fictional people, her swearing that she saw the face of a certain blond-haired man on TV, a face that was supposed to be only in a paper book.

Or perhaps how her brain forced itself to shut down during moments of random, when she had a tiring revision session, her mind forcing her suppressed pain to resurface. Especially when she glance at the manga on her desk.

Oddly enough, it only occurred when she was at home... Alone.

No one believed her.

   Thus no wonder when she was gasping on the cold hard floor alone, the black-haired woman couldn't do anything but choke for air, her trachea refusing to open.

It burns, it burns so bad.

Then silence.

____________

"Ah..." She woke up one day, to a very particular scene. Why was.... Why was a person whom she only know in shows was on the screen, and no, her tv is not premiering said show, instead it was a sports channel, her frantic to press the remote, desperate to prove that this was all a mere hallucination.

However, cruel was her situation.

Noel Noa was on screen, playing for Bastard Munchen. No... This can't be true. She must've forgotten to take her meds right?

Right?

    It was cold, and tinges of frost crystallised on the window of her apartment, the apartment being quite high class, a luxury in disguise. Her breath creating light wisp of frozen smoke, her pupils instantly widens.

How could that be?

She lived in a hot region, one where it never snowed.

    Nothing made sense, one moment she was gasping for air, thus how did she find herself sitting on the couch, comfortably watching a football match?

The woman immediately went to search for a familiar bottle, her collage assignment was pushed aside as she frantically scour for it. Her breath quickens.

Gone.

Instead, her gaze befalls on the scenery outside of her window. Gone was the tropical-like outside, instead baroque and neoclassical buildings greeted her.

"Deutschland..."

    The girl recognised the place instantly, her set her sights on this particular country to continue her studies.

It was surreal, if this was a dream then... How nice this was, the ends of her lips curved upwards a bit, the young adult's mouth trembles slightly. How rare it was for her to have such nice dreams....

Almost as if in a trance, she pressed her hand on the window, numb to the sheer cold, as the eyes widened in amazement.

Her mind temporarily forgetting her goal of finding the pills.

"Heh... Even in a dream I seek out the meds."

   She joked to herself, there's no way that this is reality, immediately the concept of being in a state of slumber filled her head. As she slowly calm herself down, watching the snowflakes falls, in a trance she was, her like a kid in a candy store.

"Not bad... Not bad at all."

____________

"Fuck this is bad."

She opened her eyes for the day, her getting more anxious as the sun starts anew.

Why hasn't this dream ended yet?

   It had been a week, a whole of bliss and uncertainty. The false hope of believing this was all a dream began to falter, it destroying her optimism one by one.

She had never gone out by now, her groceries still sufficient, her calendar noting nothing of importance.

And most of all, she didn't forget.

   She didn't forget events, sometimes that occur often in dreams. She was coherent, sober and functioning just as well even. In the end, she wasn't dumb.

Her taking a degree in a STEM field, of course she wasn't dumb. Both as in literally and figuratively.

It's just.....

Scary.

____________

Nothing could be done anymore.

   As the above-average height girl stand alone on the sidewalk, her looking into at the billboard on her right. The reality forced itself upon her, broadcasting a match of a young promising star in the football industry, the boy secretly toying with his competition, an eerie smile etched on the guy's face, a face she known too well.

The woman shook her head, accepting her fate, the month-long period of acceptance still etched deep in her mind and heart. Nothing could be done, her accepting her new life with a stone-cold face.

And be it as it may, but being in her favourite anime is now her new reality.

"Kaiser...." She wonders if she'll bump into him, or perhaps her isekai journey was just a sad story filled with mundaneness and mediocrity.