Chapter 1: A New Journey Begins

It was currently a rather balmy day in New York City, United States of America, as the sun shined brightly onto the metropolis, its light reflecting off glasses and windows of skyscrapers in the city. Multiple vehicles travelled through the main roads of New York for different purposes. While most people driving their vehicles were employed and heading to their workplaces, there were also others who were just focusing on having a joy ride or to meet their friends at certain areas in the city. Overall, the city was doing well both socially and economically. After all, there had been new startup companies in the area that had been garnering new customers. Thus, increasing sales and the overall future development of the companies.

While the city area was booming, the suburbs were not doing too bad either. Currently in an apartment, a 25 year old man named Ethan Toretto was living in his apartment flat on the 8th floor of one of the many buildings in the apartment complex. He was currently in his bedroom, playing a game called Final Fantasy 7 Remake in front of his desktop. In that game, he was playing as Cloud, fighting against a bunch of monsters in the game using his game controller. As he was doing so, a voice from behind him suddenly said, "So I heard you like Final Fantasy 7."

Ethan widened his eyes in shock, and turned himself around along with his gaming chair. The feet of the gaming chair allowed him to simply swivel till he could see the source of the voice. Upon seeing the source of the voice, he was deeply surprised. "W-What the?!"

In front of him, sitting on the bottom edge of his bed, was a man with black spiky hair and red irises. He wore some sort of battle armour that was mostly designed with white and red colour combinations.

What was a man he didn't know suddenly doing in his room? How come Ethan had never noticed him earlier? Could it be that he was so engrossed in the game that he didn't even notice someone had entered his room. As questions began to swarm his brain, the man asked with folded arms, "I take it that you're Ethan Toretto?"

Ethan placed his controller gently on his desktop table before standing up. "Yeah. Who are you?"

The man smirked as he stood up as well and faced Ethan. "My name is Tajima Kichiro. I was sent here by your father to send you to the Final Fantasy 7 world."

There was a moment of silence as confusion was evident on Ethan's face. It was not long before he said, "What?"

The man placed his hand on Ethan's shoulder and explained, "This may sound crazy, but I was asked by your father to send you to the Final Fantasy 7 world, in case your life were to ever go downhill."

"Downhill...?" Ethan was baffled. "What are you talking about?"

"Look at you..." The man began, as he let go of Ethan's shoulder. "You're currently at around 100 Kilograms. You're supposed to be at around 60 KG or 70 KG with toned muscles. Truth be told, you were actually destined for something much greater. But it looks like something happened... Someone intervened with fate, and your success got delayed. So I'll be sending you to the Final Fantasy 7 world."

"I... I don't know what you're talking about... But it's cool to know that you are a fan of Final Fantasy 7!"

The man sighed. "Oh well... It sounds like you're not convinced, naturally. What I've told you may sound unbelievable, but it's the truth. Oh well, guess I'll just have to show you..." he then fished something out of his pocket, before taking out a remote control. He then pointed it at Ethan and said, "Once I press this button, you will be teleported to the final fantasy 7 world. Are you ready?"

"I'm still confused..." Ethan admitted. "Is this a prank or something?"

Tajima scoffed. "No. Better I just press this button and show you..." he then pressed the button on the remote control. At first, nothing happened. But then, a golden beam suddenly emerged from the top end of the remote, before heading straight towards Ethan. Once the beam hit him, it engulfed him in a golden light, shocking him in the process as he now found himself levitating into the air. "W-WHAT THE?!"