Chapter 7 - Toxic

Start from the beginning

" I was in the bathroom. Don't worry ! " , I respond , with a smile on my face , trying to reassure her.

" Are you alright ? Are you sick ?! " , she asks

" Are you alright ? Are you sick ?! " , she asks. " Chloe ! I'm fine ! It's your day , there is no need for you to stress and worry ! " , I respond.

" I have to worry , especially when it comes to you ! You are my best friend after all ! " , she responds. Gently brushing my arm with her hand.

" Well... are we just going to stand around talking or are we going to PARTY ?! " , I shout , grabbing her hand and leading her to the dancefloor in the living room area.

With the music blasting , Chloe and I dance , with Alex joining her

With the music blasting , Chloe and I dance , with Alex joining her. Other people have also been on the dance floor before us and we manage to dance along with them. The more I dance , the hungrier I feel , so I tell Chloe , " I WILL BE BACK , I WILL JUST GET SOMETHING TO EAT ! " 

" OK !!! " , she screams , as she dances with Alex. Heading to the dining room , I see dozens of food all over the table : hotdogs , burgers , pizzas , salads and pasta.

I grab a plate and put a hotdog , burger , 2 slices of pizza and a potato salad on my plate. I practically shove all the food down my throat , because I barely ate the whole day !

I manage to still enjoy the food , but probably because I was really... really hungry !

" I see , that you worked up one heck of an appetite ! " , I hear Jackson say. Turning around he exits the kitchen , putting a plate of mini pies on the table. With a devilish smirk,  he adds on , " I'm glad that I could be of service to you ! You really needed that workout. You were just so tight ! "

" Jackson , think about your daughter. Think about Chloe ! You need to forget that kiss in the gym and the sex in the shower ! We will destroy , Chloe ! " , I respond , clearly irritated with his cool and happy demeanour.

" She is an adult ! I did everything to make sure that she had a good life , graduating high school , getting a job and bright future. Now , its my turn to have what I want ! " , he responds with lust all over him.

" What we had , was amazing ! It was the best I ever had ! I will always remember this , but it can never happen again ! Chloe is more important to me ! " I respond , trying to stand my own ground.

" If that really was the case Cassidy , then you would not have followed me into the bathroom. You think that keeping yourself away from me , will protect Chloe but it will do her more harm than good. She needs the both of us , to be united and happy together , because we are one of people that she loves the most ! Do you know how happy it will make her , to see us happy together ?! " , Jackson tries to win me over , with his smooth talk.

" So what if that's the case , this is still wrong ! Chloe won't accept us being together ! I am 20 and you are 36 ! Also , you are fucking married ! " , I yell at him , hoping that I am able to convince him to give up on us.

" I will divorce Natasha. Chloe is an adult now , she will be alright. Natasha will also be fine , because she doesn't even love me anymore. She is nothing compared to you ! " , Jackson tells me , sounding very confident about what he is telling me.

" Oh ! Shut up ! Why can't ! Don't you see that we are doomed to fail ! Chloe will be devastated ! You know about how much she hates seeing you and Natasha fighting ! Try and make it work with Natasha ! She is such an amazing person ! You have been together for 22 years and now you are throwing it all away for your daughter's best friend , who happens to be the same age as your own daughter ! It is forbidden , a disgrace and its disgusting ! " , I yell , with steam coming out of my ears.

How can anyone be this stubborn ?! To ruin their own family , to be with... me ?!

I quickly storm out of the room , but Jackson manages to grab my wrist.

He spins me around , pulling me onto his body and kissing me passionately. His mouth devouring mine. One hand on my waist and the other  around my neck.

Without an ounce of strength in me , to pull away from him , I deepen the kiss. My arms around his neck. He moans into my mouth , as I ruffle his hair.

As we continue to kiss , I hear the music stop playing  , and hundreds of loud stomping nearby

As we continue to kiss , I hear the music stop playing  , and hundreds of loud stomping nearby.  Jackson and I pull away from each other.

Standing by the entrance of the dining room ,
we are shocked to see almost  everyone at the party , watching and staring at us ! Laughing and pointing  , while others give us disgusted looks. Alex tightening his grip on Chloe's hand and Natasha struggling to stop herself from crying.

Chloe's face is a mixture of shock , horror , disgust , sadness and anger. She runs out of the room !

" CHLOE !!! " , Alex and Natasha scream , as they chase her.

Jackson and I follow behind.