Chapter 2

“You can't just skip new year's ya know.” The blonde said.
     “Of course you'd say that, Haruki. you actually get to participate in the activities, in the banquet. I'm the outcast cat. I don't get to. I get to watch from the sidelines.” The cat eyed boy complained.
     “Oh Kyon-Kyon. Don't be a pussy. Plus, I'm sure dear Hiro would love to see you, even if he doesn't like you as much as sweet Hinami. Besides, you haven't gone to one in years.” Haruki said.
     “I'm not going.” Kyo said, firm on his word.
     “I'll buy you Sukiyaki.” He bribed. Kyo shook his head and Haruki huffed.
     “Aaaand I'll do your half of the chores for two weeks.” He said.
     “Fine.” The carrot haired boy gave in.
     “Yay! Hiro will be so pleased to hear the news! What are you waiting for? Hurry up and ready yourself!” Haruki demanded. Kyo threw on a similarly orange dress shirt and jeans and joined Haruki in the living room.
     “On we go.” He mumbled. The pair left for the main estate and soon arrived, being greeted at the gate by Iyane, Hiro's main servant.
     “Good morning, Haruki! It's been way to long. Don't you agree? How have you been darling?” She asked hugging him, ignoring the other.
     “Hello there, Iya! It has been so very long. I'm happy to see you! I've been doing well my dear. I wish I could continue this lovely encounter, but you know how Hiro can be.” Haruki greeted. He walked on and Kyo followed behind, making himself as small as possible. Soon they reached the door to Hiro's room and Haruki slowly opened the door.
     “You're an imbecile. You can't so anything right. This is why the others-...” He berated the girl in front of him. Her face was covered with a black veil and her clothes were that of coal.
     “Leave. Such a stupid girl.” He said, shaking his head. The veiled girls blue eyes peered through the lace and up at Kyo. For a moment they stared in each other's eyes, but when Hiro noticed this, he threw a book at her and yelled at her to leave. Haruki and Kyo walked closer to him and sat down as she left.
     “You're still treating the poor girl like that? Unfortunate.” Haruki said.
     “Its not my fault she chooses to disobey. Ah, Kyo. I see you've been a good kitty while away. How have you been?” Hiro asked.
     “I'm fine.” He snapped. Hiro looked at him in disgust and shook his head.
     “Well. It's clear you're still utterly useless. Go fetch me some tea will you, Kitty?” He asked.
     “Yeah, whatever.” Kyo said. Getting up and walking to the kitchen.
     “He's I sufferable. It isn't my fault that damn rat tricked me. Such a dick.” He muttered to himself.
     “I'm truly sorry for his behavior... He can be a bit... Troublesome.” A meek voice said, walking into the kitchen. Kyo looked at the voice and noticed the veiled girl from earlier, her beautiful blue eyes still peering through the delicate fabric.
     “Whats with the veil?” He questioned. “And I haven't seen you before, who are you?”
     “The veil is a special request from Hiro. He-” She began but was interrupted by Hiro screaming.
     “Wheres my tea!?” He shouted. The blue eyed girl took the tea tray from Kyo's hand and ran off. He sighed and grabbed a bottle of water. This was going to be one hell of a new years.