Pleasure

Pleasure

Romance short story

By. A_whispering_shadow

I'm my world, there are all sorts of people. But some of them are better than others. More popular, more good-looking, more charismatic. In my world,these persons rule everything, including people's inner selfs. They are very good at this. And though my world is a parallel future, it works by a set of basic "principles" made by the powerful ones. We've been taught to think simplistic, we've been told not to ask questions, we've been learned to obbey.

This is the story of my life : not too much drama, plenty of boredom. But I was patient. I knew there will need a time when I'll have to give myself to their freaky project, and that time was approaching fast, as my 18th birthday was commingled. What project? Well, it is precisely an experiment, trying to find a "better" race of humans. They already have the man : tall, muscular, handsome. I saw it myself and I can't lie he's attractive. Although he's one of the best, he doesn't like it, or at least he shows no sing of liking it. So now those scientists are looking for the perfect women, and they are searching and searching, and searching... Showing no mercy for people's feelings. I was slightly scared for the day I would be called : I wasn't going to be tortured, no, not at all some would even consider it the opposite, but still it would be weird and awkward. But it came. The 5th of March was here and a formal letter announcing me that I have to go to the control building in three days was lying on the table. For nothing more than sleeping with a stranger just to fulfill their creepy studies.

"Youll go there and this is it. Nobody's going to eat you." the nurse was trying to calm me down.

I was having a panic attack, breathing heavily and trembling all over. I wasn't ready for this.

"I've heard it is going to hurt" I replied, bursting into screaming.

"well, there are a few possibilities...." I heard the doctors voice far away, as he was injecting me some sedative. " But after you're doing this, you're free to go."

"Okay." I answered slowly

"Listen to me! It is going to be fast. No speaking, he isn't quite talkative. Oh, and you shouldn't feel offenced if disentangle kiss you, he doesn't kiss anybody. Something about his first kiss and a broken heart, and he won't ever kiss anyone again. Some bullshit in my opinion, but anyway. Understood? Now go!"

And with that, they sent me to the wolf.

I was in front of his door, wearing nothing else than my underwear and a long cashmere plover. This is it I said to myself, taking a deep breath. And I opened the door.

There he was, looking abnormously handsome wearing just a pair of sweat pants. I stepped timidly forward, letting him see me. He raised his eyebrows checking me out from head to my toes. I blushed hard and looked down.

"come here!" he said with his sexy, husky voice and I sworn I could have heard the smile in his voice.

I took a step closer, an another, and another, till I was standing next to him.

He smirked and he bent closer, whispering in my ear :

" why are you so scared? I don't bite... Too often."

I looked at him for a second, then I loomed down again. He sighed loudly, in disapproval.

"Come here!" he said, pulling me onto his lap.

That was sick. Stupid project, stupid creatures who make people do that, stupid world, stupid, stupid, stupid everything!!!

I felt my eyes becoming wet and my slightly blurry from the tears. I felt his warm hand on my chin, lifting my head up to watch him in the eyes.

"Oh sorry, I didn't want to scare you!" he said looking really concerned. "I just wanted to make a joke."

"I'm sorry" I said as I wiped me tear, "its not you, it just... I don't know, kinda weird..."

"I live this everyday." he said resignedly. "And nobody gives a fuck about what I think. That's just how it works. We don't have a choice, we don't have feelings anymore. Though I had once and I really miss those days

He put a hand around my waist, but not in the pervert way I was expecting, he seemed.... Protective.

"You don't want to do this, do you?"

I shook my head as a response.

"you're one of he few who are that sensitive to care. You know what, if it really means that. Uch to you we van fool them." he grinned evily. "Say we dome it'

"But wouldn't they check?" I asked

"In a long time. We have time to come up with something"

"We were going to see each other again?" I couldn't help.asking.

"well yes: I have a life, they can't stop me walking down the street, can they?"

"I suppose not..." I said in disbelief

Then there was one of that moment of awkward silence like in movies. Finally he spoke:

"Mmmmm... I suppose you can go then... Uuhhh..."

"Jessica" I helped him out.

"Jessie to be!" he smiled sexy and I couldn't say no. "By the way, I'm Michael.

"Nice to meet you, Michael" I said trying to be polite.

He laughed and then kissed my forehead

"Goodbye Jessie! It was a true pleasure meeting you!"