𝟎𝟏𝟓. 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐣𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬

Start from the beginning

We step over to his car, and he goes to open the car door for me, and I get in with with zero hesitation. I'm prepared for this. Now I'm here, sitting in his rather expensive car, and I'm somewhat overwhelmed by the fact that I'm on a date with someone like him— a rich, privileged, private school boy. I lean back in my seat, feeling very, very comfortable, almost too comfortable that I fear I may fall asleep.

There's soft tunes playing through the speakers, and I watch Tristan climb into the car. I recognise the music, and I turn it up slightly, and Tristan visibly cringes. "Oh, my God. You listen to ABBA?"

His head falls against the steering wheel. "It's something of a guilty pleasure for me," he admits, and I can see he's shameful.

I snort a laugh. "Oh, my God. What's your favourite song?"

"Lay All Your Love On Me," he replies, and I burst into laughter, my hand covering my mouth because the noises coming out are horrid, and he definitely won't want to date me after this. "Hey, you aren't allowed to laugh. I— Okay, what's your guilty pleasure?"

I hum, and immediately say, "Billy Joel."

Tristan looks pleased with the answer. "Uptown Girl?"

"Vienna, thank you," I correct, and he chuckles.

He smiles towards me as he starts up the car, his eyes never leaving mine.

As I settles into my seat, I peer into the backseat and notice there's a basket, likely filled with drinks or food and I'm furrowing my eyebrows in confusion. "Now there's either food in there or weapons..." I comment, my eyes falling on his as he begins to pull away from the sidewalk, spinning the wheel smoothly.

He chuckles but he doesn't deny the weapon comment, and I ask again, a little worried that he's actually planning on killing me. He won't, right? "Where are we going?"

"Well, I gave it a lot of consideration, and I thought a restaurant would be too much for two sixteen year olds, and you didn't want to show me around your—"

"Hey, I will one day," I interject.

I feel a little guilty, but I didn't want to show him around my town on the first date.

     After meeting him nearly three weeks ago at Addy's dance classes, I went to the following classes and we agreed to a date. I asked him what he'd like to do, and some part of him wanted to check out my town. I wasn't against the idea, but I certainly wasn't for the idea either. Showing Tristan around would result in me having to explain to my dad who he is, and I was definitely not prepared for that.

     My dad didn't know I was on a date.

     I made a plan with Addy to avoid my dad finding out. I hated lying to him but, until there was something to tell, I wouldn't discuss Tristan with him.

     Since it was a Friday night, me and Addy decided to have a sleepover to cover up the fact that I would be going on a date. Addy's mom is at bingo night, meaning she won't be back till late, and my dad obviously lets me sleep at Addy's whenever so the plan should work beautifully.

     And now I'm here, with him, and I feel comfortable. I feel safe surprisingly, and we hardly know each other. We've only spoken at Addy's dance classes, but now we're alone for the next few hours, and I really hope I don't screw this all up.