𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚒𝚡

Go.

The sound of the cannon echoed in my ear, nearly deafening, as I sprinted to my left. I tackled Craigh to the ground, keeping my knee on his back as I snapped his neck. I looked up just in time to dodge another tribute charging toward me. I immediately recognized Demetria as my attacker. She was from the same district as Craigh, so if I had to guess, she was allied with him. Before she could attack me again, Cedar snuck up behind her. He grabbed her by the back of her neck and threw her to the side, her head hitting the platform and killing her on impact.

"Thanks," I told him as he looked at his hands with a horrified expression. He looked lost and scared, but standing still would just get him killed. "Hey, go to the cornucopia. Find Cato before you look for an axe. I'll meet you there in a bit, okay?" He merely nodded but thankfully did as told. I looked for other tributes and spotted Raven from District 5 on the ground, rifling through a pack. I grabbed a throwing knife from the ground and threw it directly to the side of her neck, thankfully remembering the training with Clove. Raven's hand shot up to her neck before she dropped to the ground.

I ran to her body and ripped the knife from her throat before looking up to find Lycus from District 12 running away. I ran after him and jumped on his back, efficiently slitting his throat as he went down, his blood covering my arm and the grass around. I heard a gasp and a thud beside me, only to find Rue on the ground with a terrified expression. I looked around at the other Careers and found they were preoccupied with other tributes. I focused back on the little girl next to me before letting out an exasperated sigh.

"Go," I muttered. She looked at me with wide eyes, clearly skeptical and confused. I grabbed the pack that Lycus dropped and tossed it to her. "Get out of here before they see you. Go!" I yelled, which seemed enough for her to grab the backpack and scramble away. I looked around to realize I was on the other side of the open area. Now that I better viewed the cornucopia, I watched as Cato and Cedar took down two tributes. Cato noticed me and grabbed a set of weapons lying against a crate.

"Della, catch!" He yelled as he tossed me a pair of katars, my preferred weapon. I gave him a quick nod before my eyes darted around the open area, looking for one person in particular. I spotted her a few yards away as she threw a knife at Hugo's back, successfully taking out the last male tribute of District 9 before throwing another knife at Katniss from 12, who managed to use her pack to block the blade before running away. Clove's attention was solely on killing Katniss, and she failed to notice Kenji from 8 running up to her. I bolted towards him without a plan in mind and managed to stab him on the side with one katar and used the other to slice his throat. His body dropped, and the noise was enough to catch Clove's attention.

"Leave her, we'll find her later," I told Clove, and she nodded in agreement. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm good. Do you think that's everyone?" She asked while taking a few deep breaths to calm down. I looked around only to find an open space littered with bodies of dead tributes. My attention was fixed on a group near the mouth of the cornucopia.

"What's going on over there?" I asked before walking over. Clove followed suit. The Careers seemed to be surrounding a tribute, recognizing him as Peeta as soon as I got close enough, with Marvel holding him at spear-point. They seemed to be taunting him, with the smiles on their faces evident from miles away. I walked up behind Peeta before wrapping my hands around his head, quickly snapping his neck.

"What the hell did you just do?" Marvel yelled at me, his words spitting venom.

"We don't need him," I said, my voice void of emotion. This only angered him as he started to charge toward me, only to be held back by Glimmer and Dani. Cedar stayed behind me while Clove took a protective stance in front of me, Cato in front of her while keeping a hand on Marvel's chest.