[ 0 ]

(Photo taken by me :3)

0. Prologue

In the past, a couple who worked for the Japan Football Union named Kairi Nagi, a keen talent scout, and Akito Kurosawa, an excellent coach of the Japan U-20 used to travel the country for their job in search for a star to represent Japan.

Their job functions fairly well thanks to their so-called 'sharp instincts and intellect', and they maintain a respectable reputation at work. But their intentions are all the same; It's not uncommon for a player to become well-known after being showcased to the public and for everyone to profit from the emergence of that same star, with a significant portion of the credit going to the JFU.

But the two of them were growing increasingly dissatisfied with their work as the years passed by. Their lofty expectations for Japanese football players are dwindling because the majority of those they had found and developed into stars ended up being mediocre because they were under the JFU's control.

They knew just how incompetent and greedy those bastards were (if they weren't as well, hypocrites). The most they gained on a huge profit was when the football prodigy, Itoshi Sae, became well-known around the world, currently as a midfielder in the New Gen 11 and was famous around the papers even before he was a teenager.

Akito gave up on the disappointing Japan U-20 team and JFU, leaving to stay at home with his 6-year-old daughter Hitomi, and taught her the basics of football on a regular basis. He even showed her some of the games and competitions, which sparked an interest for her, but just like his wife, he wanted their child to become an incredible player for their own benefit.

✦—————————✦✧✦—————————✦

As she grew up, Hitomi became really interested in football. Whenever she was with her parents, who scouted for new players, she always enjoyed watching each player's talents and abilities unfold on the pitch. Her violet eyes would not take her gaze off the surroundings, capturing every movement on the field.

She even became more accustomed to moving to several different places due to her parents' jobs. Chiba, Kyoto, Kamakura, and so on (though it's not like every year she's traveling.).

Rather than complaining about it, she accepted the constant change. She can't help but like the thought of beginning over in a new home and starting over from scratch. She also likes getting rid of her old belongings and replacing them with better, newer ones.

What she disliked, however, was the realization of having to abandon her friends, the only people she ever relied on and confided in, sinking in. She's made such amazing friends over the years, so having to find some other people who would fill the void in her heart that the older ones left would be a hassle for Hitomi to deal with. She didn't want that. She was too attached.

Her parents weren't much of a support either. Despite how much they say they love and care about her, they always had high standards for Hitomi, especially before she failed to make it through the Football Tryouts due to peer pressure and gaining an injury which stopped her from playing Football ever again. Ever since then, they've always been tossing her feelings aside, interrupting her while she spoke, and even turning those feelings towards her if she became hesitant with their high demands and expectations. 

Whenever she does give in, there might've been a reward and some show of affection, but it will most likely be extremely short-lived.

✦—————————✦✧✦—————————✦

At the end of middle school, she began to suppress her own feelings or at the very least, she started to hide under a rough exterior. She distanced herself from others outside of school. And if she ever did make a new friend, the friendship wouldn't last long as she would be moving away from them for a few years. She didn't want to become attached to anyone else.

Because Hakuho High is a renownedly esteemed school, Hitomi makes an effort to prioritize her studies above her social life, putting her hobbies aside in order to avoid falling short of her parents' expectations going forward. Going day and night without sleep and a few meals just to finish studying. As a result, she gained stellar marks and a respectable reputation at school for being a gifted young genius.

But some of it just fades because she finds people at school making fun of her once again, and she detests it. Because she was considered a young genius for her age, she was often treated like a child, and it annoys her to an extent.

She can't quite stop them, though. Compared to what she was bullied for during elementary and middle school, this was nothing and it truly doesn't matter to her, so she might as well ignore them. She won't be distracted by anything else as long as she doesn't allow her feelings to get in the way. That's what her parents told her, at least.

For now, she should just focus more on her studies and keep football off her mind.

To be continued

✧✦————————✧✦✦✧—————————✧✦

Aand that's abt it for the prologue! I'm sorry I didn't include much dialogue here shdhsjdj, but I promise you there will be on the next one !!!

I hope you all enjoyed it, though! See you at chapter 1, byebye!<3

—Mari / Bee !!