𝟬𝟬 | PROLOGUE: 𝘞𝘖𝘝𝘌𝘕 𝘉𝘖𝘕𝘋𝘚

Summer break ended, atleast I made friends by the time it did. School absolutely sucked not knowing anybody.

I didn't really make alot, just one stuck by around more than the others, his name is Eugene, good guy, though he really needs a supervisor.

He's a transfer student and gosh it really had a 'culture shock' impact on me. He moved from America to Japan for studies, and since his birth mother lived here.

"You waited for me!" He tumbled out the front door, gasping for air.

"Dude did you run a marathon?" "I woke up late!" He whines getting on my bike patting on my back as a signal to go.

"Don't you have like more than five alarms set up?" I teased riding off heading on the route to school. "Five minutes doesn't sound too much to me ya'know?" Eugene answers with a dumb grin.

_

This was easier, I wasn't alone.

We both arrived to school walking down the hallways filled with teens blooming with puberty either crying, shaking in their boots or strutting with confidence making the corridors their runway.

"(Nickname)! New year new us! That means new year resolutions!" Eugene yaps on beside me and I raise an eyebrow at him

"Let me guess, our new year resolution is we're gonna study and not mess it up." He excitedly nods his head. No offense but I snickered.

"You said that last year, look what happened." I teased sipping on my juice box.

"No this time we're locking in." He grinned to himself locking his fingers together doing an ugly smile.

"Ew."

It wasn't much, but there's nobody else I'd rather be with in this hellish year. Atleast someone's gonna make this boring school life a little less boring-

-"STAY AWAY FROM ME!"

Wow I jinxed it.

A crowd quickly circles the two 'fighting'. It was more like a pissy dog barking and the other trying not to fight though.

"To be honest it looks like that guy is about to get mugged." Eugene states.

"Yeah no shit." I replied.

"Fight! Fight! Fight!" The whole building drowns in chants and we both looked at eachother, knowing damn well this was gonna make some teacher interrupt.

"We should scram-" "Let's go!" The crowd gets interrupted by one of the teachers who grabbed both of the students with his weird scarf.

We both quickly sneaked out before he could get a look at any of the audience, cautious that he might be shitty enough to give detention for not alerting the teachers and just watching the show.

_

Class goes on as normal, nothing much happens though since it was the opening day after summer, there wasn't much work given.

The sunset envelops the sky in a way that makes one pause for a moment, and continue their merry way. Given this, and the fact I'm riding a bike is a good combination.

Eugene already went home as his driver picked him up, he offered me a ride but I declined, my house was pretty much far away from his so I didn't wanna bother.

As I rode on my way home - I passed by an alleyway, was going good until I heard a sudden rustling- then thud. I quickly stopped my bike and looked back.