Chapter 2: Why Are They Pirates if They're on Land?

"Everyone, let me do the talking. Make sure to watch each other's backs. We can't trust them. At least not yet." Chan spoke to his boys.

"Yeah yeah we know." Han yawned.

Chan frowned at him. "This is serious Han. If we can't get them on our side, then it's over. Just keep your mouth shut for five minutes."

Minho grabbed Han's hand and spoke softly. "Just listen. I don't want anything to happen to you."

Seungmin gagged. "Guys please, I'm gonna throw up my lunch."

"Focus!" Chan yelled. "We're almost there."

The group was approaching some old ruins at the outer edge of the forest, ruins that  the Black Pirates have made their hideout for the time being. They were constantly moving, never staying in the same place for more than a week.

"Chan, how will we know who the leader is? Who to talk to?" Felix asked.

"The one with the arm band. He's our guy."

"Oh," a sing-song from the trees above them, "Why would you want to speak to my captain? He doesn't really like visitors."

The spies quickly formed a circle with their backs against each other.

"Who are you?" Minho demanded.

"Who am I?" The voice mocked. "You come into our woods and demand who I am? That's not how it works."

"Shit." Hyunjin whispered. "Chan what do we do?"

Chan turned his head slightly towards him. "Just follow my lead. Put your hands up, slowly."
As he spoke the last word, an arrow landed next to his foot. One by one their hands were raised above their heads.

"Now what are you whispering about? Make it quick. You're wasting our time." A different voice this time spoke up.

"Yeosangie, give them a chance!" The first voice giggled.

"Wooyoung, we can't afford to do that." A third voice, this time coming from behind a tree. "What do you want from us." It wasn't a question. It was a demand. A taller man appeared in front of Chan. His jet black hair almost reached his shoulders and had a slight curl. He wore all leather, daggers strapped to his thighs, and a short cape around his shoulders. His eyes were dark and deadly, a slight scowl on his ethereal face. He was angelic and was almost feminine in his appearance. He began to pace around the circle, his arms still crossed. He knew he would not be harmed, they were in his territory. They were at his mercy.

'Don't blow this Christopher.' Chan thought to himself. He took a deep breath and locked eyes with the man who stood before him.

"We were sent here by King Jackson. He knows that Queen Jessi is planning an attack against him. He wishes to speak with you, we need your aid if we are to win."

The man raised a brow and smirked. He took a step closer to Chan. "Ah, yes. We know. We know everything. But that is not a decision that I can make. You'll have to plead your case with Hongjoong."

The look on his face told Chan that it was an impossible task. It's gonna take alot to convince the Captain.

"May I speak to him?" Chan finally asked.

"You may, but let me warn you, one wrong question, one wrong move,  and it will be the end for you. We don't care about your kingdom." The mysterious man threatened. "Follow me."

They made their way up the stairs of the ruins. They heard feet hit the ground behind them. In a daring move, Felix turned his head. His eyes met with another, whom he assumed was the owner of the first voice. Wooyoung was his name? He gave him a closed lipped smile and a wave with his fingers. Felix quickly turned his head back around and almost bumped into Jeongin.

"Watch where you're going!" He heard a laugh from behind him. Great, now they think he's an idiot. Chan gave them a deadly look.

In front of them was a man lounging on a huge chair. He had one leg thrown over the armrest, the other was tapping the ground with his foot. His hair was short and bright blue. His outfit was similar to the man with black hair, yet he wore no cape, but a long jacket. Wrapped around his right arm was a band with a symbol that Chan had never seen before. Around his neck was a black bandana that Chan presumed he used to cover his face. Next to him against his chair were two swords. Close enough to grab just in case, but gave off the impression that he knew nobody would dare to threaten him. He turned his head, a bored expression on his face.

"Seonghwa, who have you brought to me?" The man named Seonghwa stood next to him.

"They say that their king needs our help, Hongjoong." This brought a smirk to Hongjoong's face. His piercing eyes looked the spies over. He stood and clapped his hands.

"Well then, we should hear what they have to say, right boys?" Immediately Chan and the others were surrounded once more. "Allow me to introduce my crew. You've already met Seonghwa, I am Hongjoong of course." He began going to each of the men, one by one. "This is Wooyoung."

"Hello again!" He smiled. Hongjoong smiled back at him before he moved onto the next man, one with green hair.

"This is Yeosang."

"Sorry for shooting an arrow at you." The captain raised a brow. Yeosang smiled sheepishly back at him.

"He is always trying to prove himself." He smiled fondly before he moved onto the next, a man almost as big as a mountain. "This is San." Hongjoong pat San's cheek, nothing but adoration on his face. He moved on to the two tallest men, standing side by side.

"This is Yunho," he pointed to the blonde one. "This is Mingi." The other, Mingi, had short pink hair. He gave a small wave.

"And this," he made it to the last member, "This is Jongho." Hongjoong squeezed his cheeks in his hand.

"Please don't." Jongho mumbled through his squished face. Hongjoong giggled and let go. He made his way back to his chair and sat down. He leaned forward, his elbows resting on his knees and gave a deadly smile.

"Now, where were we?"

Chan took a deep breath. It was now or never.