Carlise

Once Sarah had left, I walked to my room and changed into my pyjamas, plugging the phone in by my bed and sitting down. I pressed the button on the side of the mobile and swiped up on the screen. There was a notification.

Carter 3:50
You free tonight?

Who is Carter? I assumed he was a friend of Nathans, I thought for a moment before clicking on the notification. Once the conversation had started, I wanted to give the information and end it.

Carter

You free tonight?

I am sorry, me and Nathan accidentally swapped phones

Oh? Who is this then?

My name is Carlise, He bumped into me on the way to work, and he dropped his phone.

Weird. Do you know your
number? I'll message him.

Yeah, I will send it to you.

Thanks.

I sent him my phone number, and I heard nothing from him again that night. I assumed that he had messaged Nathan, and he had understood the situation and gone along like usual. Or did he question why I hadn't asked where to find him? I didn't know what to think.

I had a million questions and thoughts, circulating in my head, like who this guy was. Was I doing the right thing? Where was he? Was he worried? Did he even want his phone back? Did he hate me? He hated me, didn't he? Suddenly, I couldn't breathe. My hands fell cold, my head felt hot. I was dizzy, I couldn't breathe. My sight was turning fuzzy, the vibrant colours of my room blinding me. All i could see was the bright blue of my wallpaper, the light on my ceiling expanding rapidly. I could not see, I could not breathe, my sight was overwhelmed by colours and light, my hands were cold, and shaking, my head was hot, the room was spinning, tear were falling from my eyes. I brought my knees up to my chest tightly, scrunching my eyes to prevent the tears from flowing and burying my face in my knees. I squeezed and squeezed at my knees, pulling them tighter and tighter into my chest until I forced myself to breathe. I took a long, quivering breath, in such a way that it felt as though I was inhaling all the available Oxygen in the room. I was still crying, knees still secured to my chest, hands still shaking.
I remained in that state for about an hour before I finally managed to calm myself down and went for a hot shower.