Chapter 1

"I could never miss the Day of Light Ceremony"

Chapter 1

Here in the Fae Realm lies the four seasonal courts of Summer, Winter, Spring, and Autumn. The four courts have ruled over the realm for as long as time can tell. The Summer Solstice Day of Light Ceremony was to be held in the Summer Court this year and everyone in the Summer Court was racing around rushing to ready the kingdom for the biggest day of the year.

"Sister, are you almost ready? You know what this day brings for our Fae. We have big shoes to fill today," Trayton, a nerdy but adorable fairy with glasses and shaggy brown hair persisted towards his fairy sister.

She peered over the balcony of the castle, her long blonde hair flowing in the warm breeze. "I'm very aware, brother. Trust me. The last thing I want to do is let down our mother and father," Charitee said as she looked out over the balcony staring off into the distance as the Summer Fae were flying frantically prepping for the Ceremony.

Meanwhile, in the Autumn Court the two prince brothers, Dylan and Angelo, were seated for an oil painting that was to be hung above the castle mantle in honor of their rulership.

The artist was intricately working on perfecting the painting while Aneglo was getting impatient. "Girl, are we almost done? I ain't got time for this -ish! I gotta get ready and shit!" Angelo sassed in a high-pitched tone. Dylan leaned his barefoot right next to his brother's face to antagonize him. "I swear to god! If ya'll don't get me the fuck out of here right now!" Angelo belted jumping off his throne.

"C'mon Angelo! This painting is important. You can't just leave." Dylan whined while giving him a half-assed expression of sad eyes and a pouty lip.

Angelo folded his arms. "Respectfully, shut the fuck up," he replied and stormed out of the room and leaving Dylan behind him.

"Okay! I guess I'll just see you at the ceremony!" Dylan exclaimed back cheerfully as Angelo faded out of sight.

In their neighboring Kingdom, the princess of the Winter Court was sound asleep until she was quickly awakened by a terrifying nightmare. She grabbed her chest trying to catch her breath as she sat up in her bed. Her maid quickly ran to her bedside helping her calm down from the terror. "Are you okay Princess Brecklyn?"

Brecklyn looked back at her with her ice-blue eyes, worried. "It happened again...the nightmare I keep having..."

"The one with the evil man?" The maid asked, concerned.

Brecklyn nodded and solemnly replied. "I'm worried something dark is about to happen."

The maid was speechless and helped Brecklyn out of bed and to her vanity to help her get ready. "Are you going to be okay?"

Brecklyn looked in the mirror and up at her maid with a convincing smile. "Yes of course. I could never miss the Day of Light Ceremony."

In the Spring Court, a young Prince Diego was jousting in a field full of knights and steeds. A horse raced through with the prince holding up a trophy.

"Aha! I am once again the undefeated champion!" He grinned from ear to ear flaunting his win. "You boys make it easy." He scoffed at the others, hopping off of his horse.

His best fae friend Isaac, held up a camera and began snapping shots.

"Make sure you get my good side," he said flexing into the camera. Isaac put the camera down after Diego had used up all of his go-to poses.

"Are we going to the Day of Light Ceremony?" Isaac questioned.

"Well of course! It's only the most magical day of the year! Plus... I've got my eye on a different prize this time," Diego smirked at him.

Isaac looked at him confused. "What prize?"

Diego laughed. "The biggest trophy of them all. A wife."

"A wife? He asked surprised. "You're looking for a wife?" Isaac scrunched his brows.

"Not just any wife, Isaac. MY wife. The Princess of the Summer Court! We will join our seasons together and rule the Summer and Spring Courts." He stated in full confidence.

"Uh, does she know about this?" Isaac hesitated.

"She'll know soon enough. I'll propose and the rest will be history!" Diego celebrated throwing his hands in the air as Isaac followed swiftly behind him.

"Alrighty then.."