two

THE RACE DAY HAD CAME QUICKER THAN ANYONE HAD BARGAINED FOR,
Tommy Shelby had been like a fuse waiting to burst by the time Sunday came and he was throwing orders at people, unpleasantly , left right and center.

Emmy had nearly had her job taken away from her entirely when she had asked Tommy for money to buy a new dress. "What, why do you need money? You got money for your birthday, I'm not giving you anything go and see Pol'." He had frantically stated to her, "But Tom that was my birthday money and if I'm going to buy a nice dress that will cost me money I don't want to use my birthday money, but I need to buy a nice dress; otherwise the men that you want me to mingle with won't even look the side I am on they'll take me for a prostitute. " She rambled on not even bothering to look at Tommy already knowing he was less than amused. "Emerson, you can have some money but so help me if you tell Finn, you will never ever do another job for me again." He told her before handing her a bank note.

Tommy threw the note on the desk and walked out, "Isaiah, you can take her dress shopping, don't bother asking Finn he won't go with you after last time. Nothing too scandalous." He told the boy who hurriedly got up and walked into Tommy's office. Emmy looked up at him, "Morning Isaiah, Tom isn't in you'll have just missed him but if you hurry he might not have left yet." She stated with a yawn, "On the contrary Em, I am here for you, well not for you obviously but your darling older brother has told me to take you dress shopping for Tuesday." He looked at the girl who laughed at him. "He really wouldn't ever take his own little sister shopping, whatever, we will get Finn and then you can drive us up or he can don't think either will be bothered." She lazily stated as she stood up and brushed off her coat and skirt, "Your once again darling brother told me to not bother asking Finn as he wouldn't go after last time." Isaiah paraphrased. Emmy laughed and put her head down in shame. "For being 17 at the time he is such a baby, I had him in the dress shop for an hour and he ended up leaving and waiting in the car for another two while the sales associates laughed at him." Emmy chuckled as she grabbed Isaiah's arm "Best be off then 'Saiah we wouldn't want to keep London waiting for me.", Isaiah looked at her in despair and the journey down the London was accompanied by him begging her to not take too long or he would just simply drive away and she would just have to get the bus home or get a taxi.

EMMY WAS RIGHT, London couldn't wait for her, the boutiques were nearly empty so she could try on whatever dress she wanted and the workers were more than happy to help. She was in paradise but Isaiah on the other hand couldn't have been more miserable. He groaned at Emmy, "All of these look the same Emmy I really don't get the point in this, when we need suits we go in and get given one, pay and we're done." He argued with her as he gestured to a rack of red dresses that Emmy was adamant she wanted to try them all on. "Yes Isaiah that's because all suits actually look the same unless you get them in a different colour, dresses have design or patterns or necklines and stuff." She said back whilst picking up dresses and glancing over them. "No Emmy they're all something a prostitute would wear and Tommy's orders were 'nothing to scandalous' so please woman pick something respectful." Isaiah pleaded and Emmy's face dropped in anger, her mouth gaped open and her eyebrows furrowed, "So you're saying I look like a prostitute, bit rich coming from you 'Saiah what with you spending half your pay on London's whores?" She retorted back to the boy, "You know I didn't mean it like that and whatever I do with my own money has nothing to do with you, the only reason I pay those women is because they have to take the money otherwise they would have me for free." He chuckled to himself while keeping a smug smile on his face that Emmy just couldn't wait to wipe off. "Yeah I heard if the client has the clap they charge half out of pity for them. At least I have some self respect." She shouted at him while continuing to walk in front  looking at dresses and not the boy accompanying her, "You and self respect don't go in the same sentence the girls I fuck have more respect for their bodies than you do looking at these dresses." He shouted right back at her , "I pity the poor girls you pay to have sex with bet they come out of that feeling a whole lot better about themselves." She joked while picking up a beautiful v-neck maroon dress, "Yeah they cum alright Em, sounding a bit curious now aren't you?" He mocked her laughing, letting her know he did not care about what had just been said to him, "God in your dreams Isaiah!", Emmy spoke whilst yanking the curtains closed as her stomps could be heard behind them.

A torturous hour later Emmy had finally found the 'dress of her dreams' as she called it and Isaiah looked ill- he opened the door for Emmy as she climbed in and he did the same, "Can see why Finn vowed to never do this again that was awful fuck me, torturous even. Don't know if I will ever recover thanks to you Emmy." He muttered whilst fixing his glaze on the road and not the cocky girl next to him, "No thanks." She simply stated, "What?" He questioned with furrowed eyebrows, "You said fuck me and I said no thanks. Thought it was obvious but all them sleepless weekends must be messing with your brain." She sarcastically stated back to him whilst playfully pouting out her bottom lip to the boy to show him a fake sense of sympathy, "Haha Emerson." He flatly said whilst taking a cigarette out of his pocket and lighting it, looking at the girl quickly who was making no attempt to hide her laughter.

UPON ARRIVAL IN SMALL HEATH, a workers meeting was called between the whole of the Shelby Company who would be attending the races the following day. Tommy stood at the head of the long wooden table whilst the rest of the room drank their whisky and drunkenly laughed, "Right then, Cheltenham is tomorrow and there is boundaries which need to be set in place so things don't fuck up, you got that everyone?" He asked whilst nodding towards two drunk chalkers who were laughing in the corner, "There will be no drinking of whisky before business is handled and don't go placing fucking bets on other horses cause it's all fixed as well as I want Emerson looked out for at every given opportunity, Isaiah I am assigning you that if anything happens to her you'll get it worse right? That's it fuck off." He spoke whilst walking out of the shop with Polly and into the private room accompanied with slamming doors.