𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

Start from the beginning

Everyone was quiet. No one said anything. She wanted to cry so bad. "What y'all don't have anything to say now? What happened to all that smoke y'all had?" Ayra asked.

"Speak up or shut the fuck up and never talk about Ayra and Dwayne's relationship again," Alia told them.

"I just feel like it's not right, y'all kept it from us for a year and thought we would be okay with it," Joshua said.

"Because we weren't ready," Dwayne said.

"Because you know y'all relationship is wrong," Jonathan said.

"Why is it so wrong?" Dwayne asked Jonathan.

"You've been married twice, have three kids, you're eighteen years older than her. It's weird and wrong. You already lived your life. Why are you keeping her from being someone she can experience life with," Jonathan answered.

"I want you to know that just because a relationship is different from what you deem acceptable does not mean that it is wrong," Dwayne told him.

"We have a normal relationship as any couple. I have never sought out an older man and he had never sought out a younger woman before this; we love each other and our relationship is extremely healthy and fulfilling," Ayra said.

Everyone was expressing their concerns and issues with Ayra and Dwayne's relationship. Ayra tried to understand what everyone was saying but she didn't.

"Although some are concerned about our age difference, I am an adult capable of making my own decisions. While a traumatic event occurred years ago, I refuse to let it define my life or prevent me from moving forward," Ayra said.

There was a lot of back and forth with everyone with many standing firm in their decision and some changing sides.

"We just want all of your support, whatever we can do to make you guys see that we truly care for each other, we'll do it," Dwayne said.

"I don't know if I can ever accept seeing you with my baby sister," Joe said before he told Jade that they were leaving.

Jade shook her head no. "No, talk it out, Joe, this is your baby sister that you love so much; you don't want to lose her, do you?" Jade told him.

Joe was angry. He didn't like the relationship. And would never be on board with the relationship, "I don't have anything else to say, but we'll keep it professional at work and you break her heart, I break you, that's all," Joe said before walking away.

Jade stood up and quickly followed after him.

"Oh my gosh, he's so dramatic," Alia said.