Chapter Twenty Six

Earlier that day, Rafe left in the early morning because he told Katrina that Ward had some listings he wanted him to check out. Katrina said hey goodbye, sad that he had to go so soon but hopeful that he'd be in touch.

She woke back up around ten, ready to see where the day would take her. Sitting in her bed, she texted Rafe and asked for him to send the pictures they took last night. Kiara also sent her a text, asking to hang out.

kiekie

hey kat wyd today

I got no plans what's up

wanna chill w me and the guys

Sarah is coming

which boys

jj John b pope

I mean I guess sure

okay ill come pick u up in like 20

kk see you soon

Katrina got out of bed, taking a quick shower and getting ready. After washing her face and brushing her teeth, she checked the time seeing that ten minutes had gone by. She put on some mascara along with her skincare and lip balm, taking her hair out of the braids and putting a little serum in to get rid of the frizz.

She put on a pair of low rise shorts, and a cropped white tank top. Throwing on some jewelry, she slid on her shoes and grabbed her beach bag, putting a few things in it that she might need.

She heard Kiara beep the horn of her car, heading downstairs. She remembered what happened the last time she hung out with them, but she wasn't gonna let that happen again today. Plus, she didn't feel like making Rafe angry about being around the pogues again.

"Hey Kat." Kiara greeted her, smiling. "Hey. Where's Sarah?" Katrina asked, putting her bag on the floorboard and buckling her seat belt. Kiara backed out of her driveway, heading down the backroad to the cut.

"She's already over there." Kiara trailed off, paying attention to the roads. "How come? Did she drive herself?" Katrina asked, taking out her dab pen and hitting it. She held the hit in, waiting until she felt the need to cough to blow it out.

"She spent the night." Kiara answered, and Katrina raised her eyebrows. "Why would she spend the night in the cut?" She asked, curiosity getting the best of her. Kiara shrugged, not wanting to tell her business. "Not sure. Ask her." She told her, and Katrina brushed it off as she put her feet onto the dashboard.

"So what are we doing today? I'm definitely not doing a repeat of the last time I hung with these guys." Katrina told her, and Kiara stifled a laugh. "I dunno, they wanna go to some old church. They told me to invite you cause they wanted extra eyes." Kiara answered weirdly, and Katrina raised an eyebrow and looked out the window.

"This isn't about that cross you told me about, is it?" Katrina asked, pulling out her phone to check for a text back from Rafe. She didn't have one, so she put her phone in her lap and turned her attention back to Kiara.

"I don't know. They were telling me something about Ward and Rafe stealing something from them.. the Royal Merchant I think? It's crazy if they actually found that treasure." Kiara responded, taking a sip of her water and putting her hand out as if silently asking for her dab pen.

Katrina handed it to her, furrowing her eyebrows at the accusation. "So then why are they inviting me? They know about me and Rafe." Katrina asked, playing with the rings on her fingers. "I also, don't know. Do you know anything about it?" Kiara asked, making a sharp right turn.