Once they were set up, Miguel and the other students made a semi-circle around one side of the mats, then turned to Sensei Lawrence for future instruction.

He was watching KT closely. "Shoes off on the mat."

"I know," she said, kicking off her shoes and putting them to the side neatly. Then she stepped onto the mat and asked, "So, what do you want me to do?"

"I want you to fight," he told her sternly. He looked out at his students, looking them over one by one. "Penis Breath, get up there."

"Yes, Sensei," he said and kicked his shoes off. He left them on the wayside as if abandoned. He then stepped onto the mat and faced KT. "Wait a minute, you're Hawk's girl, right?"

"Yeah, I am," she said.

He looked at his sensei. "I don't know if I can do this."

"Fight me," she said, catching his attention. Her voice cut through the air sharp and smooth, making everything fall quiet. "It doesn't matter who my boyfriend is. He's not here."

He nodded, agreeing with her, though a little timid.

"Mitch, right?"

He nodded again. "Yeah."

She faced him and bowed. He stared at her for a moment, then did the same.

"You two gonna show me how much you respect each other or are you gonna fight?" Sensei Lawrence said. They looked at him and nodded. "Then get on with it!"

They took their fighting stances and waited for his official signal. The small talk was nice, good sportsmanship always made sense to KT but in this environment, it gave her another advantage; she was able to size up her opponent. Mitch was bigger than her, both in height and girth, but he was worried about hurting her because she was Hawk's girl.

"Fight!" Sensei Lawrence's voice echoed through the factory.

It was quickly followed by Mitch's grunt of assertiveness as he went for the first strike, which she dodged because he hesitated. She moved around him and waited for him to turn, quickly kicking and landing a hit on his stomach. He stumbled but stayed on his feet, giving KT the time to take a step toward him. She brought her foot up again and kicked him in the side, then in the stomach. He fell onto his back and she planted her feet on the ground, never taking her eyes off of him, knowing that she shouldn't underestimate her enemy because they were down. She wasn't going to give Mitch the advantage of catching her off guard.

The students watching were watching quietly, though Bert was and a couple of others were yelling for Mitch to get up, that he could do this, to "don't let her win." If she looked over, KT would find Devon with a certain light in her eyes as she watched quietly, observing the fight. The encouragements were enough, though, as Mitch brought himself back onto his feet and took an offensive stance.

He charged at her, no holding back. He threw his fists again and again and again, but she blocked each of them as he sent them toward her. Finally, she caught one of his arms and used it to push him away from her. Then she spun fast and kicked him hard, knocking him back. Then she swept his legs from under him and he hit the ground with a loud thud. He groaned loudly, turned onto his side, and curled up.

She stood tall over him, watching, waiting, but he didn't do anything. He didn't try to get up again and Miguel called the fight. Once it was officially over, KT looked over at Sensei Lawrence. She crossed her arms over her chest. "Well?"

He stared at her, a mix of confusion and amazement. "Where'd you learn to fight like that?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" She smirked but it was short-lived as she went back to the seriousness she'd entered the building with. "So, what are we doing today, Sensei?"