𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Zacznij od początku

Ayra wanted to be upset with Trinity so badly but she couldn't find it in herself to stay mad. Ayra could never stay mad at someone who was like a sister to her. "Girl, next time come to me before you tell anyone else about my business because that was so trifling," Ayra said.

Trinity gives her a small smile with her arms held open for a hug. "You forgive me," Trinity said.

Ayra stood up and walked into Trinity's arms, accepting a hug from her. "I forgive you, but your husband acted cruelly by using what happened to me against me to rationalize why I should not be with Dwayne," Ayra said.

Trinity nodded. "I know and I cursed him out for that because he was so wrong," Trinity said.

"Trinity!" Jonathan yelled, angrily as he caught her and Ayra hugging.

All four ladies rolled their eyes as Jonathan stormed over and grabbed Trinity by the arm. "What did I tell you?" Jonathan asked her.

Trinity slapped upside the head and pulled her arm away from him. "Boy, you have lost it, don't ever grab me like that," Trinity told him.

"So immature, Jon," Ayra said.

"No, you're immature," Jonathan said.

Ayra let out a bitter chuckle. "I should slap you for that shit you said the other day, I can't believe you called me damaged because I was assaulted," Ayra said.

When Jonathan called her damaged goods and claimed she was incapable of making clear decisions for herself due to a traumatic experience after a blind date six years ago, Ayra felt deeply hurt. He asserted that she lacked sound judgment both during the past incident and in the present. A few of Ayra's relatives echo Jonathan's cruel words, further wounding her.

"Because I know what that shit did to you! What did it do to our family? Remember, I was the one who found you, I stayed by your side in that damn hospital, when you couldn't put yourself back together, I helped you and don't you forget that. I know you! He ain't right for you and he is wrong as hell for dating you!" Jonathan yelled at Ayra.

Ayra was furious. How much longer would her family continue to make her live in fear for surviving sexual assault? They acted as if the trauma was meant to imprison her, preventing her from living freely.

Strangely, whenever she tried dating after the attack, her family reminded her of it, forcing her to end new relationships. But this time, she refused to let them control her. She loved Dwayne and knew he would never harm her.

"Dwayne is not going to hurt me! Why can't y'all understand that?" Ayra asked him.

"Come on, let's not air out family drama at work," Jade said.

"What the fuck I told you about talking to her like you lost your damn mind?" Dwayne asked as he rushed over to Ayra's side after he was told that Jonathan was yelling at her in the hair and make-up station.

"You can't stop me from talking to my cousin," Jonathan said.

"But Joe can, right," Ayra pointed out to Jonathan.

Jonathan glared at Ayra. "Look how he got you acting against your favorite cousin, you think I'm going to support this when you're not even yourself around him," Jonathan said.

"Jon, stop it," Trinity said, getting annoyed with how her husband was behaving.

"No, you stop it. This ain't right," Jonathan said, waving his finger between Ayra and Dwayne.

"This is my life, this is the man I love and it may not be right to you or anyone else in this family but it's right to me," Ayra said as she grabbed Dwayne's hand, leading him away from the small crowd that had gathered just in case Dwayne and Jonathan started fighting.