Mrs. Saroj greeted her with a smile who in turn initiated a conversation.

'Are you new here?'

'Yes, we just moved to 204. Hello beta!' Saroj ji bent down to pinch the kid's irresistible cheeks.

'Hello aunty. Hi, I'm rohit.' he forwarded his hand to Virat.

'I'm Virat.' he shook his hands and wanted to talk more but he couldn't recall the English words for his thoughts so he stayed silent.

'We stay in 203. Actually we are here to stay with my sister for a few days. We are actually from nagpur.' the conversation between the adults continued while the kids silently observed each other.

'Do you want to play with me?' Rohit asked as they walked out of the elevator in their floor.

Virat looked at his mother, seeking permission, who was obviously happy to see her son make new friends.

'Okay, I want to play with you too.'

Recieving the answer that he wanted made Rohit flash his brightest smile.

Virat excitement didn't last for long when he saw a cricket bat and a ball in Rohit's hand after going to the cellar.

'Can we play something else? Like seven stones or hide and seek or even ludo?' Virat hoped that Rohit would agree which, to his utter dismay didn't happen.

'But why? I love cricket. Don't you?'

'I'm not so good at it and I think it's boring.' Virat hated cricket as he'd always be just asked to fetch the ball and on the rare occasions when he's allowed to bat, he'd get out in a ball or two.

'I can teach you. I've recently started training.' Rohit was excited to help his new friend.

'Can you teach me so well that I'll be as good as my brother and his friends and they'll make me a real player in their team?' Virat asked but immediately realised that he would no longer be playing with his brother's friends as they've relocated.

'I can definitely try, if you want to learn. I'll be right back.' Rohit ran leaving Virat in the middle of the cellar. He returned back in a few minutes with a pencil and a book.

'What are you doing?' Virat asked as Rohit began scribbling something.

'I'm writing down everything I know so that I won't miss out anything important while teaching you.' he replied.

'I don't even know for sure if I want to learn or not. I don't think I'm good at it.' Virat worried that his skills won't repay the efforts that Rohit was putting in.

'We can atleast give it a try.' Rohit handed over the finished paper to Virat and began teaching him a few necessary basics for batting. 

Rohit, who wasn't that great with the ball, bowled even easier balls to build some confidence and interest in Virat and eventually succeeded.

After scoring 15 runs in 8 balls, Virat wanted to try bowling as well.

'Can you teach me how to bowl as well?' and how could Rohit even say no?

'How did I bowl?' he asked after Rohit hit a cycle with the ball which meant that he was out.

Rohit was already exhausted with all the physical activity he has done and his English wasn't that great which made it even difficult to find the right words.

'Um, I think you are a quick player. I heard my seniors talking that hand you use is also described. So you are a right arm quick bowler.'

'Right arm quick bowler.' Virat repeated, feeling very proud of himself.