6: This Isn't Right...

Comenzar desde el principio

"Stop fighting it, cat." The boy stated, somewhat spitting out the word cat as he glared at Grim, who's struggled stopped at the insult.

"I'm not a cat, either!!" He demanded, standing up on his hind legs once more, but his body tilted back from the weight of the collar, causing him to stumble and fall back down.

Grumbling, Grim rolled back onto his front before sitting on his haunches once more, glaring at the robed red-hair.

"This time for real! I'm gonna roast you alive!" Grim threatened, taking a deep breath in as he tilted his head back and closed his eyes. "FRMEOOOOW!"

Grim's noise of fire breathing was in vain as he pushed his head forwards, his body shaking. He didn't shoot out any more plumes of blue fire, which was weird, why wasn't it working anymore?

"Huh?" Grim kept trying to breathe out his flames, starting to try and spit them out but still nothing came out, apart from a small plume of smoke. "HUH?"

"My magic..." Grim's voice wavered as he sat flat on the ground, his front paws coming up to his face. "I can't breathe my fire?!"

Grim's head began to rapidly turn from side to side, trying to figure out what was stopping him from breathing his fire. Honestly, you couldn't help but feel a little bit of pity for him. He looked like he was on the verge of tears, which tugged at your heartstrings from the familiar expression you'd seen plenty.

"Naturally." The boy stated easily, not at all surprised by his own prowess of power. "I sealed your magical energy with my Unique Magic."

Unique magic? What's that...?

"Wha- What?!" Grim cried, beginning to struggle with the collar more in a desperate attempt to remove it.

Yet, the clapping coming from the man-bird pulled your attention towards the headmaster, "Bravo, you've caught the beast!"

Crowley began to walk towards the robed boy and Grim from where he'd been stood near the exit of the room, from his attempt at nothing to stop the chaos from earlier on. Every second step he took he clapped with, making it a slow congratulating clap as he let out more praise.

"Well done, Riddle Rosehearts!" The boy nodded at his name being said, putting the gemmed stick back into its little holster hanging from his robes.

The red-haired boy's name is Riddle? Riddle...

Huh, new word.

"I'd expect nothing less from the Housewarden of Heartslabyul! Your spell was magnificent!" Crowley continued on with his praise, moving closer to the two.

Riddle turned his head away from the headmaster, dusting off his robes of ashes and small bits of debris that'd fallen from the roof from all of the blue flames Grim spread around the room.

Speaking of the blue flames, what'd happened to them? They all disappeared as soon as Riddle had collared Grim... Oh. It sealed Grim's magic. Yeah, that makes sense now.

Crowley, bobbed down, right beside Grim, who was on his back using all of his paws to try and push the collar off over his head, tears very prominent in his blue eyes. The headmaster then proceeded to link his fingers through the back of the collar, quickly picking Grim off the ground earning a yelped noise of surprise from the monster.

"As for the tanuki, I shall remove him from the college grounds." Crowley stated, turning towards the doors to leave. There was basically nobody still in the room, well, there was like 30 remaining, since most had fled from the flames.

"Let go of me!" Grim began to squirm around again, trying to wriggle out of Crowley's hold and the collar simultaneously now.

"Don't worry, I won't make you into stew. For I am so generous!" Crowley tutted, shaking his head at Grim while giving himself praise at the same time.

"Darn you!" Grim cried, trying to kick at Crowley with his hind paws, yet not being able to reach him. "Why, I oughta...!"

"I will never..." Grim began to yell, tail flicking in agitation. "...EVER..." He kept trying to kick Crowley, swinging his body around a bit now, despite how painful it might be for him. "...EVER GIVE UP!!!"

The boy who'd been shot into one of the benches seemed surprised at Grim's words. It almost looked like recognition flashed across his face.

This felt wrong.

Even though Grim tried to fry you and steal the robes, burn down the chamber, and probably other things too. He didn't deserve that.

You didn't even think, no time to process what you were doing.

Sprinting towards the headmaster, your hair blowing slightly in the air behind you in a mix of pastels, the turn of heads towards you at the sudden movement completely ignored. Crowley paused at the sudden flurry of steps coming towards him, turning around to see what it was.

You lunged, grabbing a hold of Grim who let out another yelp of surprise as he stopped squirming in the shock, and tugging him out of Crowley's hold as you fell to the ground. You curled up slightly around Grim, making sure he wouldn't get hurt from the impact, which resulted in your shoulder jarring against the ground.

Crowley took a couple steps back in shocked surprise, his eyes wide at the audacity, "Sevens...!"

All eyes in the room were now on you.

A/N: Bit of a shorter chapter this time since I wanted to get this out so you guys could have something before I have to deal with my full device ban for a week. I tricked my mother into letting me keep my laptop for today, so I won't be able to write more until Tuesday since that's when the ban will end :(