PRO.

HE GETS ME SO HIGH! prologue

HE GETS ME SO HIGH!
prologue

𓍯 ִֶָ

1 year ago ...

INT. NEW YORK CITY STUDIO — DAY

Kaila rushes into the room with a coffee try in hand, passing the wipe board labeled, THAT PACT (Writers room). Still giving her shivers every time she read it. "That coffee line was a bitch, wasn't it?" Maya says jokingly while she grabs her order from the bunch.

"Yes, holy shit," the young girl settles down opening her laptop, "and we're doing this everyday?!"

Taking a sip of the coffee and sighs with a smile, "uh... yes we are. It's the creative juices." Maya finishes an email and sends it. "Ok ok ok, so today the big bosses are coming in at 2,"

"Not fucking scary at fucking all!" Kaila says pulling up the correct script. "OH!" She sparks up and Maya is all ears. "I have an idea about the scene where Kenna..." only one aspect of the long awaited road the two were on.

𓍯 ִֶָ

5 months later ...

INT. NEW YORK CITY STUDIO — NIGHT

Kaila walks into the conference room, with an official removable sign, THAT PACT, logo and all. She had this floor and route memorized. Maya and her coffee order on lock, she finds Maya as well as three other production executives and casting director. A TV at the end of the table hooked up to one of their laptops showing an array of self tapes.

"I'm here as an ultimate decider of everything, but you guys really know these characters best, so I want you guys to know that you guys have an influence and opinion on casting too," one of the woman say.

Kaila shoots a thumbs up, "sounds cool." The two's laptops out ready for notes.

After going through a handful, they've rewatched only a couple. Maya squints "I really like her comedic timing, but she just... I don't know, she's playing her soo.."

"Like creepy?" Kaila shoots in the dark but Maya shoots back a face that's like she hit the nail on the head. "We can honestly call her back and with maybe more information and maybe more sides see if she takes a different direction??"

𓍯 ִֶָ

the next day.

Same room, same coffee, same time, and same spiel. This time they click through guys' self tapes for,  the character of Theo. The first one, Kaila found familiar, the directors scan the resume really quickly before pressing play. Maya squints a bit at the screen, at his final beat. Kaila kind of lets out a small laugh. "I don't know." Maya says.