ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4: ᴀ ꜱʜᴏᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴘʀᴏᴘᴏꜱᴀʟ

Start from the beginning

Mr. Jung's gaze hardened, and he leaned in closer to Taehyung. "You think you're so righteous, don't you? Well, let me enlighten you. We were talking about Jungkook, the son of Mr. Jeon Jaejoon from Jeon Enterprises. Jungkook is in a wheelchair, unable to do anything for himself. Do you still think he's not a burden?"

Taehyung's heart sank at the revelation, They were indeed talking about Jungkook, and the words they had said were like daggers to his heart.Taehyung's expression darkened and his jaw clenched, but he maintained his composure.

Despite this, Taehyung stood his ground. "Yes, I still think he's not a burden," Taehyung said firmly. "In fact, I think he's incredibly talented and respectful. Being paralyzed doesn't change that."

The group fell silent, their expressions shifting from amusement to discomfort. Taehyung's words had struck a chord, and for a moment, they seemed to understand the gravity of their words.

Mr. Jung raised an eyebrow, a smirk playing on his lips. "Oh, really? Well then, let me ask you this. If you think he's so worthy, would you marry him, Mr. Kim?"

Taehyung was taken aback by the question. But he composed himself,

"Yes," Taehyung said without hesitation. "If given the chance, I would marry Jungkook. And I would consider myself the luckiest person in the world."

The group fell silent, stunned by Taehyung's words. Even Mr. Jung was taken aback, his expression one of disbelief. Taehyung's words hung in the air. They stared at Taehyung, unable to comprehend his declaration. Taehyung, turned away from them, his heart pounding in his chest. He couldn't bear to stay any longer in the suffocating atmosphere of the party. His heart heavy but his resolve unwavering. He knew that his words may not have changed their minds, but he hoped that they had at least planted a seed of doubt in their hearts.

Taehyung couldn't shake the anger and sadness that lingered within him. He knew that his confrontation wouldn't erase the hurtful words spoken, but he couldn't stand by and do nothing.

As Taehyung made his way out, his mind raced with thoughts of Jungkook and the weight of his words. He didn't notice a man standing in the shadows, listening intently to the entire conversation.

Once outside, Taehyung took a deep breath, trying to calm the storm of emotions raging inside him. He knew he had stirred up a hornet's nest with his words, but he couldn't bring himself to regret them. He believed every word he had said in defense of Jungkook.

Meanwhile, the man who had overheard the conversation watched Taehyung leave with keen interest. He took out his phone and quickly dialed a number. "Jack, I need you to do some digging for me. Find out everything you can about Kim Taehyung," he said, his voice low but urgent.

----------------------------------------------------------

Two days later, Taehyung was in his office, engrossed in work, when his secretary, Soobin, called him. Soobin's voice was urgent as he spoke, Soobin's words shocked Taehyung, but he agreed nonetheless.

Shortly after, there was a knock on Taehyung's office door. He called for the person to come in, Soobin entered the cabin with a person.

And Taehyung stood to greet the person offering his hand in a handshake who entered his office, It was none other than Mr. Jeon Jaejoon, Jungkook's father. Taehyung's mind raced with thoughts as he tried to maintain his composure.

Taehyung had always known of Mr. Jeon Jaejoon, a successful and powerful businessman who commanded respect in the industry. But they had never met before, as their paths had never crossed until now.

Jaejoon sat down, his demeanor calm yet authoritative. "Mr. Kim, thank you for agreeing to meet with me on such short notice," he began. "I've heard much about your achievements in the business world, particularly with your recent expansion into Korea."