ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4: ᴀ ꜱʜᴏᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴘʀᴏᴘᴏꜱᴀʟ

Chapter 4: A Shocking Proposal

Taehyung's car stoped outside the grand venue where Mr. Lee's business party was in full swing. He hesitated, his mind filled with thoughts of Jungkook's condition. Despite not wanting to attend, Taehyung knew he had to make an appearance. With a deep breath, he entered the party.

Taehyung stepped out of the sleek black car, his presence commanding attention as he made his way towards the entrance of the grand venue where Mr. Lee's party was being held. Heads turned, and whispers rippled through the crowd as people caught sight of him. Taehyung was used to the attention; his success and striking looks often drew admiration wherever he went.

As he entered the party, the room seemed to pause for a moment, all eyes on him. Taehyung exuded confidence and grace, his every move calculated yet effortless. He was the epitome of elegance and power, a man who knew his worth and wasn't afraid to show it. Both men and women, couldn't help but stare at him, mesmerized by his ethereal beauty. He paid no heed to the lingering gazes, his focus solely on getting through the evening.

Mr. Lee, the host of the party, spotted Taehyung and made his way over to him, a warm smile on his face. "Taehyung, I'm so glad you could make it. Thank you for coming," he said, extending his hand.

Taehyung nodded, accepting Mr. Lee's handshake. "Thank you for inviting me, Mr. Lee. The party looks wonderful," he replied politely.

Mr. Lee beamed at the compliment. "I'm glad you think so.

"Hey ladies and gentlemen," Mr lee called as they approached a group of some businessman who were drinking wine and making jokes with each other.

"Meet kim Taehyung CEO and founder of Kim Corporation, he is very big name in US and now he had bring his business to South korea " Mr lee introduced the Taehyung to businessmans who welcomed Taehyung with warm smiles and handshakes.

"You're quite handsome, Mr. Kim." A lady said as she eyes the him with a seductive look while holding her glass of wine elegantly.

"Thankyou", Taehyung replied like a gentleman.

Taehyung roams his eyes around the decoration of the party again while taking sips from his wine from time to time, a hand shoved inside his pocket.

Taehyung made his way through the crowd, his eyes scanning the room for familiar faces. He spotted a few acquaintances and exchanged polite greetings before excusing himself to get some fresh air. His thoughts were consumed by Jungkook. He stepped out onto the balcony, the cool night air providing a welcome respite from the heated atmosphere inside.

Closing his eyes, Taehyung took a deep breath, trying to calm his racing thoughts. But his moment of peace was shattered when he heard voices behind him. A group of people were talking and laughing, their voices carrying over to where Taehyung stood.

Curiosity piqued, Taehyung listened in on their conversation. He could hear snippets of their discussion, and his heart sank as he caught a few words—words like "paralyzed" and "pitiful."

His ears perked up, and he strained to listen more closely. The people were talking about someone who was paralyzed, their tone mocking and insensitive. Despite the distance, Taehyung could hear their laughter, and it grated on his nerves. He clenched his fists, his jaw tight with anger. How could they be so heartless, so cruel? Taehyung's heart sank at their callousness, but as he turned to confront them, he heard something that made his blood boil.

"Did mr jeon really thaught that i would let my daughter marry to that burden who can not do anything to his own", one of them said, laughing.

"His son's condition is a disgrace," same men was saying, his voice dripping with disdain. "He's nothing but a burden now. It's a shame that such a talented young man was reduced to this."