𝘅𝘃𝗶𝗶𝗶 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗵 𝗿𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗲𝗱

Start from the beginning

  'Definitely not.'

  The familiar voice startled Gwen, so much so that she almost dropped the jar. 'Harry!'

  'Harry, what are you doing here?!' Hermione gasped. 'How-- how did you--?'

  'Wow!' said Ron. 'You've learned to Apparate!'

  ''Course I haven't,' said Harry. He glanced around, then lowered his voice. 'Fred and George gave me something.' He pulled some parchment from his pocket to show them, then hid it away again. 'It's called the Marauders Map. Shows everyone and everything on Hogwarts grounds, as they're doing it. I got here through the cellar, there's secret passages all over the castle.'

  Gwen, Ron and Hermione stared at him, open mouthed.

  'Those weasels!' Ron said. 'Fred and George never gave it to me! I'm their brother!'

  'But Harry isn't going to keep it!' said Hermione, as though the idea was ludicrous. 'He's going to hand it in to Professor McGonagall, aren't you, Harry?'

  'What, along with the Invisibility Cloak?' said Gwen. 'Not bloody likely.'

  Harry ducked his head away as Seamus and Dean walked by. 'If I hand it in, I'll have to say where I got it,' he said. 'Filch would know Fred and George nicked it.'

  'But what about Sirius Black?' Hermione hissed. 'He could be using one of the passages on that map to get into the castle. The teachers have to know!'

  'He can't get in through a passage,' said Harry quickly. 'There are seven secret tunnels on the map, right? Fred and George reckon Filch already knows about four of them. And the other three, well, one's caved in, so no one can get through it. One of them's got the Whomping Willow planted over the entrance, so you can't get out of it. And the one I just came through, it's really hard to see the entrance to it down in the cellar, so unless he knew it was there--'

  Harry hesitated, and Gwen knew they were all thinking the same thing. What if Black did know it was there? He used to be a Hogwarts student. It was possible. Ron, however, cleared his throat and pointed to a notice pasted on the inside of the Honeydukes door.

BY ORDER OF THE MINISTRY OF MAGIC
Customers are reminded that until further notice, Dementors will be patrolling the streets of Hogsmeade every night after sundown. This measure has been put in place for the safety of Hogsmeade residents and will be lifted upon the recapture of Sirius Black. It is therefore advisable that you complete your shopping well before nightfall.
Merry Christmas!

'See?' said Ron quietly. Gwen's mind was instantly put at ease. 'I'd like to see Black try and break into Honeydukes with Dementors swarming all over the village. Anyway, Hermione, the Honeydukes owners would hear a break in, wouldn't they? They live above the shop!'

  'Yes, but-- but--' Hermione stammered, seemingly struggling to find another problem. 'Look, Harry still shouldn't be coming into Hogsmeade, he hasn't got his signed form! If anyone finds out, he'll be in so much trouble! And it's not nightfall yet-- what if Sirius Black turns up today? Now?'

  Gwen sighed. 'He'd have quite a job spotting Harry in this.'

  'Come on, Hermione, it's Christmas!' said Ron. 'Harry deserves a break.'

  Hermione bit her lip, looking extremely worried.

  Harry was grinning. 'Are you going to report me?'

  'Oh, of course not-- but honestly, Harry--'

  'Seen the Fizzing Whizbees, Harry?' said Ron, grabbing him and leading him over to their barrel. He was evidently done with the conversation. Gwen and Hermione followed, sharing a brief look.