Into The Fray

Iris and Rose (Tower Rescue Team)

After giving orders, Finn went to the truck storage to get The Kong and go to the power plant. Iris then took charge inside the colony, ordering her people to arm themselves and move to safe places. She instructed the rescue team to save the people stuck in the fire, with Rose accompanying them.

"Move up, people! We don't have all day. We need to stop the fire and rescue those stuck," Iris ordered.

"Rose, accompany the rescue team and tend to the wounded," she continued as they advanced.

As Iris and her team made their way through the smoke-choked corridors of the Tower, they encountered a relentless horde of undead. The creatures lurched forward. Iris and her team readied their weapons to engage but halted as they spotted a familiar figure leading the undead—a zombified Martha, the spouse of their leader, John, followed by their friends, family, and mentors.

This sight rendered them motionless, standing in disbelief.

Suddenly, Martha attacked Rose, who was en route to the tower. Despite Rose's efforts to fend her off, zombified Martha overpowered her and pinned her down. Rose struggled against her, but couldn't overpower her.

Bang! Zombified Martha's head was blown away. She looked at the source, Sarah Marxi, an eighteen-year-old wielding an L115A3 (AWM) sniper rifle.

Sarah's voice cut through the chaos, firm and resolute. "For the colony. For our families," she declared, her words ringing out with conviction. "For each other."

She paused, her gaze unwavering as she recalled the harrowing moment she had been forced to confront her zombified mother. The pain of that loss was still fresh, but her resolve was unyielding. "And for my mother," she added, her voice catching slightly before regaining its steely edge.

With a determined nod, Sarah lifted her sniper rifle, sighting her next target with unwavering focus. "We will not let them win," she vowed, her tone carrying the weight of her grief and determination. "Not today."

This gave Iris and the remaining people a renewed sense of determination. With Sarah leading the charge, they rallied together, their resolve strengthened by her brave actions. Iris and her team swiftly regrouped, their weapons poised and ready as they pushed forward through the throngs of undead.

Sarah's words echoed in their minds, fueling their courage as they fought back against the horde. Each shot from her sniper rifle was precise, taking down the approaching zombies with deadly accuracy. The once motionless group now moved with purpose, their movements coordinated and their aim unwavering.

Despite the chaos and danger surrounding them, they remained focused on their mission – to clear the tower and rescue the wounded. With Sarah leading the way, they pressed on, their determination unyielding in the face of adversity.

Together, they battled through the relentless onslaught of zombies, their unity and courage shining through in the darkest of moments.

At last, they emerged victorious, but there was no celebration. Nearly 110 of their people had perished that day. Rose quickly tended to the wounded as they assessed the remaining danger—hordes of zombies still approached, and their fate rested on Finn Donald.

Finn Donald (The Power Restoration Team)

Finn headed to Mahesh, who owned a mechanic shop in the housing society. Finn had given him The Kong for upgrades.

"What the hell is that, Finn?" Mahesh asked about the blast.

"It's the work of The Whites," Finn replied.