Soutenu

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ═══════

Soutenu: "Sustained." A movement when the dancer turns en pointe in fifth position, landing on the opposite foot.

After the grueling rehearsal, you find solace in the familiar warmth of the cafe, where the scent of freshly brewed coffee and the hum of conversation fill the air. Seated at a cozy corner table, you're joined by your closest friends, Mikasa and Sasha - their presence a comforting balm to soothe the sting of Zeke's taunts.

"So," Sasha starts, crumbs escaping from her mouth as she questions between bites of her sandwich "how was rehearsal today?" 

You sigh, the memory of your embarrassing fall still fresh in your mind. "It was... eventful," you reply with a wry smile, trying to downplay the incident.

Mikasa raises an eyebrow, her keen gaze piercing through your façade. "Eventful how?" she presses, her voice tinged with concern.

You recount the events of the rehearsal, from Levi's demanding instructions to Zeke's cutting remarks, feeling a mixture of frustration and determination bubbling within you. 

"Yikes, Y/n. Sounds awful" Sasha remarks sympathetically, reaching across the table to squeeze your hand in a gesture of support

As you recount the events of the rehearsal, Sasha listens intently, her eyes widening with each detail. But as you reach the part about your fall, a mischievous glint dances in her eyes, and you can tell she's about to say something.

"NO WAY YOU ATE SHIT!" Sasha exclaims with a playful grin, unable to contain her laughter.

You roll your eyes, knowing exactly where she's going with this. "Oh, come on, Sasha," you protest, unable to suppress a small smile. "It was the most embarrassing moment of my life. I will never live it down as long as I live. Eren looked at me like a kicked puppy. Levi ALMOST looked impressed until I basically made out with the studio floor."

Mikasa chuckles, shaking her head at Sasha's antics. "Leave her alone, Sasha. You know Y/n's got more grace in her pinky toe than anyone here." she says, coming to your defense.

But Sasha isn't deterred, her laughter only growing louder. "I guess that's why they call it 'fall' ing in love with ballet, huh?" she quips, earning a round of laughter from the table.

Despite yourself, you can't help but join in the laughter, the tension of the day melting away in the warmth of your friends' camaraderie. With Sasha's jokes lightening the mood, you feel a weight lift off your shoulders, replaced by a sense of joy that only comes from sharing laughter with your two best friends. 

And as you continue to joke and laugh together, you're reminded once again of the strength and resilience of your friendship, knowing that no matter what challenges come your way, you'll always have each other to lean on for support and laughter.

As the door to the café swings open, you look up to see Eren striding towards your table, a casual grin playing at the corners of his lips. His presence immediately draws everyone's attention, but it's Mikasa who seems to react the most strongly, her cheeks flushing pink as she falls silent, her usual confident demeanor faltering for a moment. You make a mental note of the image, deciding to question her on it later. 

"Hey, everyone," Eren greets with a warm smile, sliding into the seat next to you and slinging his arm around your shoulder. "Mind if I join you?"

"Of course not, Eren," you reply, gesturing for him to take a seat. "We were just catching up."