thirteen. kia vs issac (round 108, new york, new york!)

season 1, episode 10 - Happily Ever After (pt. 2)

thirteen,

new york, new york!

new york, new york!

THE NEXT DAY, Kia is in her room, sleeping when she awakes to the sound of her phone ringing.  Grudgingly, she answers it.  "Hello?"

"Jackie is leaving for New York." Kia quickly got up, "Your joking, right? Why would she leave?"

"I don't know, Peters. Just come over quickly so you can say goodbye."

"Give me a minute." Quickly throwing on her sneakers, she ran downstairs and exited the front door.  Entering the Walter's household, she catches her breath.  "Is she here?" Kia asked Issac, noticing the rest of the Walter family. 

Brady and Paige entered the house, "Hi, Mrs. Walter's, Mr. Walter's.  Hi, guys.  Sorry for barging in.  One minute." The two siblings had to relax for a few seconds, since it took so long for them to arrive.

"Where's Jackie?" the two siblings asked.  "Aunt Katherine?" Issac questioned.  The red headed woman looked hesitant before taking a deep breath.  "She's... she's gone."

"What?" the kids exclaimed.  "How could she leave without telling us goodbye?" Cole asked his mother.  "Her uncle wanted to take care of her.  He thought it would be best."  The Walter boys went upstairs to their rooms, distraught about what had happened.  "I can't believe she's gone." Issac stated.  Kia sighed, "Me neither.  She didn't even finish school yet."

Brady went upstairs, deciding to check on Alex.  "Hey, can I come in?" Brady asked.  "Yeah, you can." Brady entered the boy's room, noticing that he was sad.  "Maybe she'll be back." Alex stated.

"Yeah, maybe." Brady stated, taking in the silence.  "Oh, my mom gave me something to give you." Alex took out an envelope, handing it to Brady.  Curious, the boy opened it.

Dear Brady,

By the time you get this letter, I'm already on a plane back to New York.  Though our time together was short, you are an amazing friend to me and an awesome surfer.  You care a lot for people and made me realize that keeping things in isn't always the best way to go in life.  Also, you were able to do well in Trigonometry, though you might still need help.  My number is xxx - xxx - xxxx.  This way, we can call and text each other until I can come back to Colorado.  I'm sorry for not telling you sooner.