05. The Rocky Horror Glee Show

"It's going to be ab-ulous."

Science Fiction Double Feature by Santana Lopez

"So, what are you going to be for Halloween this year?" Kurt asked her.

"I'm going as a peanut allergy." She smiled

"Great news guys! I've had a little inspiration. This week's musical lesson isn't really a lesson. It's a musical." Mr Shue entered the classroom with a huge smile on his face.

"Are we finally doing Mamma Mia?!" Maggie clapped.

"Please be Evita. Please be Evita. Please be Evita." Rachel whispered

"Rocky Horror!" Mr Shue exclaimed.

Everyone broke into excited chatter.

"While I admire your choice of a groundbreaking 70's musical, aren't you worried that the adult themes might be a point of controversy?" Rachel asked

"Seriously, a school in Texas couldn't even do Rent. It caused an outrage and they had to cancel the show." Kurt agreed

"Isn't that the whole point of the arts? Pushing boundaries? Doing things people say you can't do for the sake of self-expression?" Will asked, as the group nodded.

"Look, I figured it all out. I cut out some of the more risqué sections and I'm sending home permission slips to all your parents to make sure they're okay with it." He said, handing out papers "And we're going to charge admission and use the proceeds to help pay for transportation to nations in New York!"

"Okay, let's talk about casting." 

"Oh! Finn and I will play Brad and Janet." Rachel raised her hand.

"And I'll be playing the guy in the wheelchair, right?" Artie asked.

"That's what I was thinking. And, I thought Kurt could play the role of Frankenfurter." 

"No." Kurt shook his head "There is no way I'm playing a transvestite in high heels and fishnets and wearing lipstick!"

"Why, 'cause that look was last season?" Santana said, earning a nudge from Maggie, who looked at her scoldingly.

"I'll do it!" Mike smiled

"Really?" Tina asked, "It's like the male lead." 

"I know but I'm feeling a little more confident about my singing voice after our duets' project."

"Great!" Mr Shue said "I have no problem with that! Now, we're a little short on female roles. So, we're going to have to double up on Columbia's and Magenta's."

"It's standard practice on Broadway. It'll preserve your voices." Rachel added

"I'd like to preserve you in a jar in my basement." Mercedes added, earning giggles from the group.