Chapter 1

As I carried the box full of my clothes into my new apartment, My phone buzzed in my jeans. I placed the box on the floor and pulled my phone out of my pocket. It was my dad.

Graham: Glad you moved out.

I didn't reply. I knew I would say the wrong thing. I just put my phone on silent and slipped it back into my pocket. I rushed back out but bumped into a man in the process.

"Oh sorry!" We both said in sync.

His voice was crisp and his hair was dark. He had a sort of beard that was dark brown, matching his hair. He smiled at me, revealing bright pearl white teeth that sparkled.

"H-hi" I stuttered in shock.

"I'm sorry! Did I hurt you?" He asked.

"No. You didn't." I said slowly, still gazing into his maroon eyes.

"You must be new around here?" He smirked. "I'm Alfie"

He held out his hand and I accepted. I shook it weakly and smiled at him.

"I am just moving in actually" I informed him.

"Oh. Would you like any help? I can carry in some boxes for you?" He offered.

I nodded.

"That would be lovely. Thank you" His eyes mesmerised me.

"So, what number apartment are you?" He questioned me.

"22a" I answered.

"Oh! I'm in 22b. I'm opposite!" He cheered, jokefully.

"What a coincidence!" I grinned.

He helped me carry in most of my boxes and by the end of the day, my stuff was all in my apartment. I set up the bed whilst he was collecting some of my furniture so I could sleep there tonight. The door opened and Alfie was standing in the doorway.

"The van driver has to go but he says he will be back tomorrow so I will help with your furniture tomorrow" He invited himself.

"Ok. Thank you so much for your help today" I approached him so my nose was nearly touching his chest. "Oh, and by the way. My name's Zoe"