𝐱𝐥. closure

Start from the beginning

"Are you going to say something or continue to waist my time?" Isabel snapped. "I have better things to do than listen to a half-assed apology. So either spit it out or leave me the hell alone."

"Right." Austin's grip tightened on the handles of his backpack. "Isabel, I've accepted that I wasn't the best boyfriend, I know that. I made
mistakes–way too many to ever try and make up for, but what I wasn't, and what I'll never be is abusive. The way that I handled the drug test situation with you is a side of me that I don't ever want to see again. I don't it to be a side of me at all."

Isabel didn't say anything. Her gaze stayed focus on the ground beneath his feet, trying to process all that he was saying. It sounded genuine, but he had tricked her before, so who's to say that it actually is? Austin was good at manipulation.

"I don't know what you're expecting me to say," She shrugged her shoulders. "I don't forgive you, Austin. I don't know if I ever can."

"I understand," He quickly said, "but I just wanted you to know that I'm working on being better."

"Well, that's great for you, Austin, but that has absolutely nothing to do with me." Isabel felt her phone ding from her back pocket, probably Lacy or Kate asking when she would be back.

"Just tell me, Is. If I had worked on myself in our relationship, would we still be together?"

Isabel licked her top row of teeth, mulling the question over. Throughout the end of their relationship it seemed as if there was a cloud of confusion lingering over her head at all times. She liked to think it was because she was confused on Austin's weird behavior, but even she knew that was a lie.

She shook her head. "I don't know. And no offense, but I'm glad you didn't."

"What?"

"Kate is the best thing that's ever happened to me. And I know you're probably the last person on this Earth that wants to hear that, but it is the truth," Isabel said.

Austin flinched at the girls name, suddenly remembering that Isabel really had moved on and that he had just been stuck in a void of denial, hoping to get her back. All the girls had been with since were nothing to him. They were all distractions so he wouldn't have to think about what he lost. Though, clearly it didn't work too well.

"I strongly believe that our relationship could've played out anyway possible, and I still would've found her."

That only made him flinch even more.

"Austin, I don't think we should talk anymore. Like, at all. I get that you're trying to make it right, but you bring more harm into my life than you do good," She said, "I just think it's time we both get some closure."

He didn't say anything for a few moments. Everything was suddenly beginning to hit him at once. He had lost everything within the span of two months. His girlfriend and basketball—which resulted in most of his friends cutting contact with him. All he had was Eli, Allie and Rylie; who were all worse than him in some circumstances.

"If that's what you think is best."

"It is," Isabel confirmed. "Bye, Austin."

"Bye, Issie."

⎯⎯⎯  𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐌,

@ ISABELPORTER

liked by katemartin03 and 8,217 othersisabelporter  me when evermore

isabelporter  me when evermore

view all comments

user1  so true best friend!

user2  what do yk about evermore??!🤨
⎯⎯ isabelporter  more than you do
⎯⎯ user3  spilled

gabbie.marshall  me when i don't get dunkin' donuts
⎯⎯ isabelporter  me when i don't get canes

jadagyamfi  my sweet baby girl 🥰🥰
⎯⎯ isabelporter  wow ilysm

user4  this but folklore.

user5  did her and kate break up?
⎯⎯ user6  i don't think so
⎯⎯ user5  dammit

caitlinclark22  real
( liked by isabelporter )

katemartin03  overalls are slaying 😍😍😍
⎯⎯ isabelporter  would u still love me if i turned into a cowgirl?
⎯⎯ katemartin03  as long as you developed a country accent

user7  you get it

kyliefeuerbach  are you crying??☹️
⎯⎯ isabelporter yes because evermore kylie
⎯⎯ kyliefeuerbach ill wipe ur tears dw
⎯⎯ user8 kylie is literally the cutest😭

mollydavis14 you're so pretty Is
⎯⎯ isabelporter MOLLY I LOVE YOU A LOT🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲
⎯⎯ katemartin03 "one day she'll love me that much" i mumble under my breath as i like both comments
⎯⎯ user9 BYE KATE💀💀💀

user10 how are u so pretty when crying😭?
⎯⎯ user11 ong i look a straight mess

sydney.affolter me when i don't get to see u
⎯⎯ isabelporter ily bff 👯‍♀️

lacygreenway CAN YOU COME HOME SO WE CAN CRY TO EVERMORE TOGETHER
⎯⎯ isabelporter On my way!

𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞,
ok austin's gone for good i swear.
thanks for 29k 🥰😘🫶🏻😍‼️😫