thirty four

Quinn was sitting on the floor of Rachel and Monica's living room with her round table mirror standing on the coffee table as she straightened her hair. Ross had some fancy benefit event at the museum that he had invited the entire friend group to and the redhead was in the mood to straighten her long red curls, even if it took almost two hours to do so.

That's how she found herself sitting on her friends' living room floor; she had to borrow Rachel's straightener for her task and stayed at her apartment since the waitress also needed it, albeit for much less longer than her. So while Rachel did her hair, Quinn took the time to do her makeup, which basically consisted of filling in her eyebrows, applying a light layer of mascara and a transparent lipgloss, the natural tint of her lips was a much better match with the dress she was planning on wearing.

Chandler walked in the apartment when she was about halfway through her last layer of hair to straighten. He greeted his ginger friend as he made his way to the fridge, looking for something to drink. His eyes fell on a glass with a strange liquid in it and he took a sip only to place the glass back in while he scrunched his face in disgust. "I think I just drank fat," he said, repulsed.

Quinn laughed at him while her eyes remained focused on the small mirror. Other than the fact that she loves her curls, the main reason why she rarely straightens her hair is because she needs it to be perfection. One slight wave is enough to piss her off for the next hour.

"Why are you straightening your hair?" Chandler asked her as he took a seat in the armchair.

"Why not?" Quinn counter asked.

"But your curls are so pretty."

The redhead looked at him with an adoring pout. "You're so cute, thanks Chan."

Chandler beamed at her compliment and the front door opened as Joey let himself in.

"Hey– Quinn?! Darling, what are you doing to your hair?" Joey started to greet the two but the sight of his girlfriend with straight hair surprised him.

"Do you not like it?" Quinn frowned, interrupting her task.

"No, no," Joey was quick to rectify. "It's so pretty, I think it looks like silk." He complimented as he crouched down next to her. "I just wasn't expecting it, that's all," he reassured her and when he saw her frown morph into a small smile, he leant closer and kissed her softly. "I wonder if the grip will be the same when, you know, I pull your hair while I fuck you into your mattress after Ross' thing," he lewdly whispered in her ear.

Quinn's breath hitched in her throat, not having expected his comment. She felt a pleasant tingle travel down her body and settle at the bottom of her stomach and quickly regained control of herself. Two could play that game. "You naughty, naughty boy," she murmured as she smirked at him. "I bet you won't even be able to wait until Ross' thing is over."

"Challenge accepted darling," he said and they both shook hands on it.

Joey stood back up and went to the fridge, on the search for a snack. "Since when does Monica have an almost empty fridge?" He wondered aloud.

"I don't know, what do they got?" Chandler asked him while sending a wink to Quinn, asking her to keep quiet about the glass of fat, to which she winked back with a silent giggle.

"Alright, they got water, orange juice and what looks like cider," Joey answered, pulling the glass out of the fridge.

"Taste it," Chandler said.

Joey did as he was told and gulped down quite a big sip of the drink before putting it back in the fridge. "Yup, it's fat. I drank fat!"

Quinn tried to muffle her giggles as she continued straightening her hair.