playing matchmaker

Start from the beginning

"so what are you drinking" i ask.

"martini with a lemon rind" she replies.

"me too" i say downing the rest of my drink before turning to face the bartender ordering 2 drink.

"here you go gorgeous" i say to reneé handing her one of the drinks.

"thanks baby" she smiles into her drink taking a sip "do you wanna dan-" she gets cut off by this pretty girl with long black curly hair.

"oh my god you're willow anderson right? sorry i'm a huge fan my name is avantika" the girl says.

"hi nice to meet you, i love your outfit it's so pretty" i say to her, i'm the biggest girls girl and i love complimenting everyone but only if they're actually nice to me.

*avantika's outfit*

"omg thanks your outfit fucking slays" she says.

"we were just about to go dance, we'll catch up with you later yeah?" reneé says before grabbing my hand and leading me to the dance floor, i think i sense a little jealous but i'm not sure because i am extremely delusional.

i wave goodbye to avantika and follow nae, focusing on how her hand feels in mine, as soon as we get to the dance floor i smile at her and start dancing with her.

she places her hands on my hips and i have the arms over her shoulders, we're staring into eachothers eyes and it feels like time just stops.

suddenly i feel a tap on my shoulder and i turn around to see alex smiling at me whilst handing me and reneé shots.

"shots for the sis and miss birthday girl" he says before downing his one, me and reneé do the same.

suddenly a girl i've never seen before jumps onto reneé's back squealing with excitement. " HAPPY BIRTHDAY NAE"
she shouts over the music.

"thank you yaya" reneé says laughing whilst letting the girl climb off of her, the girl stands next to alex and reneé.

"hi im alyah, reneé's best freind" she says.

"hi i'm willow, nice to meet you" i say giving her a friendly smile.

"OMG YOU'RE WILLOW?? wow you're even prettier than i imagined" she says shocked.

"uh thank you" i say "you're gorgeous"

kali comes to join us as she sees that me and reneé's dancing got interrupted by alex and alyah.

"does anyone want a drink I'm going to the bar" kali says.

"yes"
"yes please"
"sure why not"
"of course"
we all reply.

"okay alex and you, can you help me bring them?" she says pointing to alyah, i see what she's doing and this is another reason why she is my best friend. she sends me a quick wink and she guides the 2 outside towards the bar.