Chapter 16-Nope we're just gonna wing it

Start from the beginning

After telling the chief where they were and how to reach them the party was to yet again sit and wait for something to happen.

Well most of them were sitting.

Dustin had decided the best use of his time would be to pace up and down the small walkway of the bus. As Rosie and Oliver continued to play their game of tic tac toe Dustin's movement was distracting the teenage boy.

"All right that's it I've had enough" he announced throwing down the marker pen making it clatter on the floor "Dustin! Stop pacing it's driving me crazy"

"It's been way too long" Dustin informed them as he ignored Oliver and continued to pace "Do you know what? Maybe you're right. Maybe this is all a trap and the men are coming to get us right now!"

"God can you try being positive for five seconds?" Rosie asked her brother "Five minutes! That's all I ask for please"

"Why should I be positive when we could be sitting around here waiting for the trap to get us" He argued.

"It's not a trap" Lucas said "Why would the chief set us up? Nancy maybe-"

"Hey that's our sister. I mean you have a point kinda but cmon" Oliver pointed out to Lucas who raised his hands in show of an apology.

"But the chief? He wouldn't"

"Lando Calrissian" was all Dustin replied with making Rosie groan.

"If you mention Lando one more time I swear to god"

"Rosie he betrayed Han Solo!" Oliver reminded her making Dustin nod in agreement before he started shouting.

Again.

"I don't feel good about this.I don't feel good about this!"

"When do you feel good about anything?!" Lucas questioned before Rosie stood up in the middle of the bus.

"Everybody shut up and stop yelling" She herself shouted making Dustin finally stop pacing while all the kids and Oliver looked up at her. "We have no clue how long we might be sat here waiting for Hopper so stop arguing. It's done now there's no point"

Just as she finished speaking the sound of a car approaching over the grass made them all run to the front of the bus, Rosie and Dustin constantly shoving each other in the drivers seat as they tried to get a good view.

"See it's probably Hopper" Rosie spoke hopefully but when a black car rolled into the junkyard followed by another she knew she was wrong.

"Nope not Hopper, not Hopper!" Oliver shouted as they all moved back to their original positions at the back of the bus, ducking down as far as possible.

"Lando" Dustin reminded them all of trying to prove he was right.

"You think they saw us?" Lucas asked the group warily.

"Both of you shut up" Mike told them as his head peeked out the top of the bus seat he was hiding behind.

Rosie and Oliver were crouched in front of the rest of the kids ready to protect them in front of the bad men.