"What's the winner get?" Mike asked

"Dinner for two, on me... at Breadstix."

The room erupted in excitement as Maggie uncomfortably shifted in her seat.

The bell rang, and the group slowly dispursed, chatting about the contest and the prize.

"Hey, thanks for laughing at my joke." Sam laughed as they walked out of the choir room together. "Everyone seemed to think it was pretty lame."

"Oh, you mean my joke?" She nudged him "Never lame in a million years" She smiled up at him, as they approached his locker.

"So, listen, about the duets-" Sam began

"Hi. I'm Kurt Hummel." Kurt interrupted, sticking his hand out.

"Hey." Sam replied, shaking the boys hand. 

"I just wanted to personally welcome you to the glee club." He said

"Thanks." He smiled, as kurt just stood there, smiling

"Just tell me." Kurt blurted, Maggie and Sam looking at eachother confused "Look, maybe at your old school, you could get away with the whole 'I just stayed in the sun all summer' excuse, but I have three gifts: my voice, my ability to spot trends in men's fashion, and my ability to know when it comes from a bottle."

Maggie let out a giggle

"I don't dye my hair, dude."

"Yes, you do. But it's just between friends. That's not natural."

"Okay, great catching up but I've got to run to class." Maggie said before she could get caught in a silly conversation about hair dye.

Sam gave her eyes pleading her to stay, but she just let out a laugh and turned around, walking down the hallway

"I'm gonna go too, cause you're kinda freaking me out." Sam said

"Wait, wait. Maybe my instincts were a little off. Let me make it up to you. Team up with me for the duet competition. Listen, unless you team up with Rachel, I am your best bet at winning."

"Aren't duets supposed to be between, like, a girl and a guy?" Sam asked, looking back at Maggie.

"Well, Gene Kelly and Donald O'Connor would protest." Sam just looked at him confused "Make 'Em Laugh? Singin' in the Rain. 1952. Nothing? Okay, maybe you are straight."

"What?" Sam started "Look, I'm honoured you want to sing with me, but i was kind of just about to ask maggie to sing with me" He admitted

"Okay, as much as I think you two singing together would be adorable," Kurt swooned "If you really want to win, you and I need to join forces. Trust me."

Sam gave him a wary look

"Listen, rent Singin' In The Rain." He told him "And then look up the menu for Breadstix online, and call me, because we are gonna win this."

✮✮✮