Chapter Six: The Right Clara

Începe de la început

— We came to see Aslan. — said Peter when the centaur was close enough to hear.

The centaur looked to our right, and, at the same time, we heard music coming from that direction, when we turned, we unexpectedly saw the Lion. Aslan.
He was standing there, in the middle of a crowd of creatures who had come to see us. We noticed that the music was coming from Dryads and Naiads who had some kind of stringed instruments. There were also four tall centaurs, a unicorn, a bull with the head of a man, some fauns, an eagle, and a huge dog. Right next to Aslan were two leopards, which made me worry a little bit.
When we led our eyes back to Aslan, I still didn't know what to do, and I'm sure neither the Beavers nor my friends knew. Aslan looked at each one of us. The Lion had these royal and solemn golden eyes.

— Go on! — whispered Mr. Beaver.

— No! — whispered Peter — You should go first.

— Definitely not! — whispered Mr. Beaver back — Sons of Adam before animals.

— Susan? — whispered Peter — What about you? Ladies first.

— You're the eldest. — whispered Susan

— I think you should go, Clara. — whispered Peter.

— What? — I said louder than I was supposed to — Why me? — I whispered, bringing my voice down.

— You're the Knight! — whispered Peter.

— It doesn't matter! You're the King. — I whispered back.

— Fine! — said Peter, thankfully. The situation was already becoming too awkward.

— Good luck, Your Majesty. — I whispered to him, happy it wasn't me.

Peter gave me one last look, drew his sword and raised it respectfully to the Lion.

— We have come, Aslan.

— Welcome, Peter, Son of Adam. — began Aslan in a very deep voice — Welcome, Susan, Lucy and Clara, Daughters of Eve. And welcome to you too, Beavers.

It didn't seem awkward anymore, and all the fear I once felt was gone by now.

— But where is the fifth? — asked Aslan.

— That's why we're here, sir. — said Peter — We need your help.

— We had a little trouble along the way, sir. — I began — Edmund has been captured by the White Witch.

— Captured? — said Aslan calmly — How could this happen?

— He betrayed them and joined the White Witch, Your Majesty. — said Mr. Beaver.

— That was partly my fault, sir. I was angry with him and I think that helped him to follow the wrong path. — said Peter.

— We all were. — said Susan.

Aslan said nothing. He stood there looking at Peter with his serious golden eyes.

— He is my brother, sir. —  said Lucy — Can we do anything to save Edmund?