chapter 1

I was sitting in my studio recording a song for my new album when my phone started ringing. I had multiple messages from my friends they all were the same. It was a picture of oliver my boyfriend kissing another girl, I couldn't tell who the girl was, she had long blond hair tied up in a high ponytail, I don't think I knew her. But it didn't matter, he was cheating on me. I took a minute to process everything. I felt like every inch of my body stopped working for a second. I told my producer I needed a minute and ran outside, I needed fresh air. I felt a tear felling down my cheek as I dialed Avery's number on my phone. Avery was my best friend since forever and I really needed her right now. I felt goosebumps on my arms at the thought of seeing oliver later in the day. It was the end, I had to face it I couldn't let him get away with it this time, he had his chance. Avery picked up.

Avery: Hazel? I thought you were recording your music right now?

There was a lot of sound in the background, she was probably at a party, maybe the same Oliver went to.

Hazel: Yeah I was but I needed a break.

Avery: Are you okay?

She asked. The funny part was she didn't seem to care that much. I was about to tell her about the pictures i received when my phone started to beep again. I took a quick look and it was an other picture, but this time on a different angle. I could see the girls face. That's when everything went really bad. I did know the girl that was kissing my boyfriend.

Hazel: You dyed your hair blond? I ask her hoping really hard that i was wrong.

Avery: Oh yeah! How do you know?

I felt my legs getting weak as Avery confirmed my theory. Oliver and her were a thing. All I wanted was to yell at her, tell her how bad of a friend she had been. But I didn't, a part of me felt so dumb for not seeing it coming.

Hazel: I saw on insta, I got to go, i'll call you later.

Avery: Oh yeah sure. Oh by the way Oliver is on his way to the studio, he wanted to surprise you.

I hung up on her I couldn't stand to hear her talk. Right after i hung up i realized what was going to happen. Oliver will walk in the parking lot and i will have to break up with him. I didn't went back inside I just waited patiently even tho it was freezing outside, I couldn't care less about the weather. I was gonna say goodbye to the one guy i've ever loved all because he wasn't mature enough to have a serious relationship and respect me. I truly thought he was the love of my life. How stupid of me.

After ten minutes he arrived with his truck. How I hated this truck, it was old the paint was cracking up and it was smelling like old food. But how much am I going to miss that stupid truck.

He got off and gave me the biggest smile, he looked at me the same, he looked in love. Which got me to think, how long as this been longing for. He went to kiss me and I couldn't help but to let him. I was gonna break up with him but i needed at least one last kiss. I tried to acknowledge my thoughts the more that i could but knowing an other kissed him not even an hour ago drived me crazy. From the way he kissed me I could feel that he knew it was the last time. He knew that i knew. When I took a step back I could see he was crying. I wiped off the tears with my hands and gave him a force smile. I could tell he felt sorry, I could tell he was regretting. But it wasn't his first time cheating and I wasn't going to give him an extra chance just because he felt sorry.

Hazel: We've been here before oliver.

he took my hand that was still on his cheek and squeezed it. He was trying to remember every little detail of this moment and so was I.

Oliver: I messed up, I know i did. But this time I know what I want, I want to be with you hazel, only you.

Hazel: I love you Oliver, you know I do. But I can't be with someone who doesn't respect me or our relationship. You had your chance to prove me you changed and you didn't take it, now you have to live with the consequences. I'm not gonna wait for you this time.