12

It was September 9th, the first day of high school. Luciana woke up to her blaring alarm in her ear. She slapped her phone annoyed by the never ending noise. The realization hit her that it was her first day. Immediate adrenaline flowed throughout her body, jolting her right out of bed.

She had a hour to get ready, Addison said she would walk over to Luciana's so that they could walk together. The school was fairly close and it was nice outside.

After washing her face, she sat down at her vanity and turned on some music to hype her up while getting ready. She did her skincare routine and for makeup she just put on some mascara. Lucy got up, put on some deodorant, perfume, and grabbed her bag. Her hair was slightly curled, in perfect patterns down her shoulders.

Luciana was wearing light washed blue jean shorts, a brown tank, and a zip up over it. She slipped on her white converse, making sure to grab the book for Addy and a few of the cookies. Grabbing a croissant on the way out, she locked the door.

Looking down at her phone, she got the notification that Addy was there. When Luciana looked up, she was standing by the sidewalk. Running over to her best friend, she gave her a big hug.

"Hi Lu! Are you nervous?" Addy greeted the girl.

"Yeah I am but I have you so i'll be okay." Luciana replied smiling at her.

"Let's go then." Addy returned the smile. "We have about 17 minutes to get there and..." Checking her watch, "it takes 15 minutes."

"We better start moving then." Luciana stated.

They figured out that they had 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 6th together which was good. The school only had 7 periods, lunch being their 4th.

Luciana was less panicked, as she only had 3 periods without Addison. They made it in front of the school with 3 minutes to spare, getting there a minute earlier than estimated.

The duo walked into the school, immediately surrounded by a bunch of students. Luciana stayed close to Addison, trying not to loose her.

Everyone seemed to be minding their own business right now, all the newcomers were obvious because they were lost. Lucy and Addy were apart of that group.

Room 138

"Oh we're 139, cmon Lucy." Addy directed her to follow.

They reached the correct class with the bolder letters of 139 above the wooden door. Their first period was English. Luciana didn't mind, she liked english, well mainly writing.

They veered towards the middle of the room, finding seats next to each other.

The period went good, the teacher introduced herself as Ms. Steinberg. She seemed nice. There were 5 minutes left and the teacher let them socialize. Lucy almost forgot about the book.

"Oh Ads I was at Target yesterday and I saw this for you." Luciana pulled out the book from her bag, putting it in front of her.

"Lucy have I ever told you how much I love you?" Addison beamed at the book.

"Enlighten me again." She joked at her best friend.

The bell rang, interrupting the two girls. "Don't get lost Lucy, i'll see you 3rd!"

"You too Addy!"

Luckily her next class wasn't too far, just down the hall. Luciana walked through the halls, avoiding gazes. She entered her next class, sitting near the back. It was psychology class which was interesting to the girl.

A random shorter girl with beautiful braids sat down next to her.

"Hi, I'm Leah." The girl announced in a soft voice.

"I'm Luciana, are you a 9th grader?" She invited her into a conversation.

"Yeah I am! Are you?" The sweet girl responded.

"Yeah, it's my first day of public school." Luciana confessed.

"Oh my gosh, well you've made a friend don't worry." Leah smiled at her.

The two talked until the teacher introduced herself.

"Could I get your number so we could get to know each other, you seem so cool!" Leah whispered to Luciana.

"Yeah ofc, here." Lucy wrote her number into Leah's phone.

Before she knew it, the class was over. The girls exchanged their byes.

She already made a friend. It was easier than she thought.