Kaveh's POV

I made my way to the library. I looked at the door, and I heard (Y/n)'s voice in my head.

"Sumeru has a library, right? Read a book."

I went up to the front desk to ask where all the books on psychology were. I walked up to a shelf and picked it up.

"Psychology behind trauma and their side effects."

This will probably be the most accurate one, right? I checked it out and returned home. Alhaitham was back home...unfortunately.

'Did someone come over?' he asked

(Y/n)...

'No.' I said, squeezing the book in my hand. 'No one came to visit.'

Alhaitham's POV

Wow, both Kaveh and (Y/n) are terrible liars. I looked at the book in his hand. Psychology behind trauma and their side effects. Clearly, (Y/n) was here. She must've said something that got him thinking. Seeing Kaveh with a book is indeed something that I thought I'd never see.

'How come you've suddenly gotten an interest in psychology and trauma?'

'It's none of your business.' he snapped back. 'Now, will you leave me alone?'

'Gladly.'

Kaveh's POV

I shut my door and scanned the table of contents until I found the perfect chapter.

'"Dissociative amnesia: what is that?" Sounds legit.' I mumbled to myself 

I read through the chapter until I found what (Y/n) meant by my mind covering memories.

'If the brain registers an overwhelming trauma, then it can essentially block that memory in a process called dissociation—or detachment from reality.' I read aloud. 'Explains my drinking and overworking problems. Don't patronize me.'

I said side, eying Mehrak.

Eve's POV

I was getting some stuff for a cure when I heard someone screaming. My ears perked up in surprise.

'GET OUT OF MY HEAD!'

Wait, that voice...it sounded like Senior (Y/n)! That's strange. She hasn't come to Sumeru for eleven years.

'Senior (Y/n)!?' I said in surprise, making eye contact with her

'Huh?' she said, sounding a bit disassociated

'Are you alright?' I asked in concern

'I-I'm fine.' she said, waving me off before staggering

'Yeah, no.' I responded, 'You need a doctor.'

'I don't know any fucking doctors.' she cursed

'I'm a doctor.' I responded

(Y/n)'s POV

Eve took me to her office and made me drink some medicine. I eyed it and took a sip and immediately regretted it.

'YUCK! What is this stuff?' I yelled, 'This is absolutely disgusting.'

'It's medicine, Senior (Y/n).' Eve said calmly

'What kind of medicine is this?'

'It's a calming one. It'll help with the headache, and it'll calm down whatever is causing you to hear voices.'

'H-How do you know about the voices?' I demanded, 'Also, please don't call me Senior (Y/n). It makes me sound old.'

'Alright...' she responded.

When I took a closer look at her, I noticed she'd changed, too. She was taller than I'd last seen her; her ears had gotten longer, and she'd gotten prettier, too. Now I just hope Cyno finally confessed. I winced again as I felt the headache return.

'You need to finish your medicine if you want your headache to go away.'

'Do I have to?' I asked

'Yes, you have to.'

I reluctantly drank it, and the voices seemed to die down, too.

'How are you feeling now.'

'Better.'

'That's good.' she responded with a smile

'The voices died down too.' I said, 'How did you do that?'

'Oh, I sensed some archon residue, so I made a concoction to seal it away for as long as I could.' she responded.

'Wow, you've gotten more clever with age, Eve.' I said, sitting back in my chair

'What can I say? I'm growing into my kitsune magic.' she responded, flipping her pointed ears to low-hanging kitsune ears.

'Indeed you are. It's nice to see you all grown up now. Hah, I remember you running around asking me questions like a little kid when we were in the Akademiya.' I said, smirking and crossing my arms. 'I remember it just like it was yesterday.'

'I-I've grown out of that too.' she said, blushing a bit. 'So, have you visited Kaveh? I bet he'd be ecstatic to see you again!'

'Oh...I-I haven't gotten the chance yet.' I said nervously

Suddenly, Kaveh ran into the room.

'EVE, I NEED YOUR HELP ON PSY-' he began before seeing me

We both froze in surprise. Well, shit.